My almost 30 year old food processor just died.

Anyone have one they really like?

The big Cuisinart 14 cup as a general workhorse. Whatever little food processor attachment comes with your hand blender for smaller tasks

1 Like

+1 on the cuisinart 14 cup. We have one that we love, and I know several people that have had theirs for 20+ years.

Wow, My old Cuisinart food processor just died after over 30 years, and I just saw this thread. I may have to go with the Cuisinart 14 cup.

There are not very many things that can go wrong with an old food processor. I would bet that the problem is simply a bad capacitor. A couple of dollars for a new set of capacitors and 15 minutes with a solder iron is likely to have you back in business.

In my case the plastic latch mechanism on the bowl broke, and the replacement costs more than I can justify given the price of a new unit - the weakest link in the system. The motor is built like a tank. This happened a year ago and just about the only thing I really miss it for so far is cutting fat into flour for pie crusts. Everything else like making bread crumbs and quick pesto etc. I can sortof get by with the Vitamix, since I don’t do that much or that often.

My Cuisinart DLC7 died last year after 34 years and only because I was abusing it pulverizing egg shells for my tomato garden. I wouldn’t look anywhere else.

It’s funny-we have a smallish Cuisinart that I was using a few days ago. I thought “how long have we had this thing”. We’ve been married 30 years it has to be close to that. It might be time to get a new one that’s a bit bigger, more modern. I was thinking Costco must always have one available, going to look next time I am there.

Ahh, yes. That’s a bit more difficult.

I made the mistake of a smallish Cuisinart when my old one died and hate it… go big or go home

That’s exactly what happened to mine! Must be planned obsolescence by Cuisinart. [wink.gif] I have always wanted a larger size, so 14 cup arrives tomorrow. This one is likely to outlive me!

This thread is making me nervous. My Cuisinart Food processor is a little over 30 years old.

That is what happened to my ex roommate’s unit. We used an oyster shucking knife to hold down the actuator.