Duck Eggs - What do you use them for?

Getting a duck egg used to require a special trip into NYC to the only Whole Foods which I knew carried them (about 50% of the time until one day they stopped entirely) and which sold them individually.

Now my local Asian market carries them most of the time in 6 packs so I’m able to buy them much more easily.

Previously they were simply one of the secret ingredients in my gougeres, adding a touch of extra richness.

I’ve since made delicious fried duck eggs and mediocre hard boiled duck eggs.

I saw a cooking show where a chef used them in ice cream which sounds interesting.

Any other ideas, suggestions, recipes?

Thanks!

Gently fried in butter, served over grilled asparagus.

Anything custard-like/based you want more richness in. Fantastic in carbonara, creme brulee, etc. Fresh pasta as well. Use duck yolks in high quantities in the pasta, and then make large ravioli with a piping of ricotta and whole duck yolk set inside it. Don’t forget the truffles!

I use them to make ducks.

If I take one out of the refrigerator how long should I expect to have to sit on it?

Which came first, the ducks or the eggs?

I use them for cheesecake, since “Duck Egg Cheesecake” sounds way cooler to “Cheesecake” to my guests. But it doesn’t make much of any difference. [wow.gif]

Love duck eggs scrambled. As others have said much richer.

George

The cheese may hide the extra richness of the eggs.

Balut!

[smileyvault-ban.gif]