Peach Truck

Has anyone ever ordered peaches from the peach truck? 25lbs for $45? I have a few friends that order every year. I’m very tempted. I’m just wondering if I can get the same quality at the grocery.

Depending on where you live, it’s hard to beat local, fresh peaches. Find a farmers market.

I did their half order last year and it sustained me through lockdown summer. I liked them enough that I repeated the order this year.

The peaches are consistently very good. I’ve had better but not from my local farmers’ market which features hard fruit that never ripens or my local supermarket (ditto).

In the past I ordered from Kauffman’s and the quality was superior but they sell out quickly and I eventually gave up trying. Currently they’re sold out through July.

https://www.kauffmansfruitfarm.com/store/item?id=PHBOX

I don’t see the 1/2 order available for pre-order. The peaches at our farmers markets are hit or miss. I’m probably going to pull the trigger. I can use some of the peaches for baking.

This page shows both the half season subscription (4 weeks of peaches) and the full season (8 weeks of peaches).

Ahh. I was just looking at local pickup not delivery.

And I, in turn, didn’t realize they did local pickup at so many locations including Elizabeth NJ which isn’t very far from me.

I picked up my peaches on Tuesday, and now I have a ton of ripe peaches.
I made a couple of upside down peach cakes and now I’m going through all of my recipe books looking for other ideas.
Please share your favorite peach recipes (meat free), if you have any.
C1CD948C-6430-4951-9D20-199F042A562C_1_105_c.jpeg

2 Likes

Those look tasty.

I once made a batch of what I’ll call “chutney” with peaches and it was great. I was thinking of something similar to Major Grey chutney but with peaches in lieu of mango. I can’t find the recipe I used, and it was only a guide.

Another idea would be to slice and freeze them on a sheet tray with wax paper, then after they’re rock hard, bag them for longer-term storage. Making a pie with frozen fresh peaches works well.

Finally, I love making peach daquiris with fresh peaches: fruit, simple syrup, rum, lime juice…blend with ice.

1 Like

I think mail order is your solution, just saying.

1 Like

We did the Peach Brothers, pickups in NJ etc - great quality and same pricing - 25 lbs for $45. Just reordered too.

Link with a referral code - https://tour.thepeachbrothers.com/?referral_code=e169b8f7-ca78-4e51-8645-5548261e7712

Favorite recipe so far - https://www.notenoughcinnamon.com/healthier-peach-crisp-bars-gluten-free-refined-sugar-free/

For the best batch we made the crust and topping thicker, and added chopped pecans to the topping.

1 Like

I ended up making a bunch of peach/blueberry cobblers. The recipe I used is from an old neighborhood restaurant, The Ward’s Inn, that closed years ago. My mother somehow got the recipe and passed it along to me. Instead of making one big cobbler, I made 5 mini cobblers, so I could gift them.
The recipe is below if anyone is interested. It’s one of my favorite desserts that I’ve made, and with ice cream, it’s insane. It could be due to the lb of butter in the topping. :slight_smile: I cut down considerably on the sugar in both the filling and topping and didn’t end up using all of the topping. Also subbed lemon juice for orange juice. The first time I made the recipe, I peeled the peaches. The second time I didn’t peel them and really didn’t notice a difference.
Highly recommend this recipe. Easy to make and delicious!
D4652C7F-8019-4B31-9B63-241106AD4780_1_105_c.jpeg
89D8D99A-3364-403B-8253-93DA6EB4999D_1_105_c.jpeg

1 Like

F8FD3450-64A3-4CDE-9B6A-941FB2039CC3.jpeg
Peach & blueberry tart with Frangipane

Beautiful!!!

1 Like