Temp Regulator for BGE

Our DigiQ finally died. We need a new regulator for our two BGEs (XL & L) for long smokes.

What are your die hard recommendations? Another DigiQ? Smobot? Flame Boss? EGG Genius?

I am still on the Flame Boss 100, no wifi, no frills for my BGE. If/when that ever dies, then I would probably look at latest Flameboss or the Thermoworks billows system.

I use a DigiQ on my Stumps, but I don’t have experience with the others to share.
My DigiQ failed, took apart the fan and one of the wires had come lose.
I was able to solder and reconnect the wires, bedded the wires in a glob of epoxy (JB weld) on the fan exterior housing to eliminate any future pulling on the connectors.
So far so good….

I have 2 of the newest Flameboss for my eggs. The thermometer and temp probes are interchangeable with the branded BGE counterparts making them easy to get locally if in a pinch.

Another endorsement for Flameboss. I don’t need it often, so it doesn’t get much use, but I like it. It’s their first model to have wifi, so now ancient.

You’re not really invested if you have to use an automated temp regulator neener

I’m too cheap to buy one, I just check it every couple of hours, but I’m sure it would make life easier lol.

I have a digiQ base model with no bells or whistles. It does what I need it to do. Why not replace your dead one with another?

I only use mine for overnight brisket and butt smokes as a crutch to let me get a good night sleep. Anything done during daylight hours and I use a very very old igrill (before the Weber acquisition) to have remote temp on the meat only. Lately I’ve even been doing ribs and chickens by intuition rather than using temps. The reps using the same rig for years is finally paying off.

TW

Admittedly, the best brisket I’ve made to date was done without the regulator, but I prefer being able to sleep without worry on a long overnight smoke [snort.gif]

The DigiQ worked well before it shorted and died. I’m intrigued by the SmoBot, though. There are many who sing its praises on the BGE forums and it seems to burn through charcoal less than those with fans.

I use the BBQ Guru. I bought it before wireless version was available. Also look at Thermoworks Shop - By Activity - Grilling & BBQ Thermometers - Page 1 - ThermoWorks

I use Fireboard and love it.

buy a pellet grill with wifi