made*in Carbon pans?

The last thing I need is another roasting pan, but . . .

I absolutely loath cleaning up a stainless steel roaster. Everything sticks to stainless, even well-seasoned stainless. I do love my de Buyer carbon roaster, but the sides are so low that you’ve got to be very careful pulling it out of the oven after roasting a duck, or you’ll slosh that precious duck fat all over the oven door or the floor or yourself. This roaster looks like the best of both worlds – deep enough to avoid the spills, carbon for easy clean up.

Anybody own one? Or any of the other made*in carbon pans?

I have a made-in carbon frying pan that replaced a stainless steel one of the same diameter. The made-in is much deeper, which was a big factor in the choice.

I have the roaster, though have not used it yet (or seasoned it). It’s a nice medium size, like the look and quality. I also have a couple of the frying pans, which I do use, and like. I’ve used them in the stove, as well as the grill. I think the roaster is a great buy for the price (I waited for a sale).

The secret to easily getting stainless steel pans clean are cheap stainless steel scrub pads like these. You have to be a little careful because some similar looking pads have sharp edges and will scratch stainless. It was discovering these pads that allowed me enjoy cooking in stainless pans.