Danny Meyer Requiring Staff & Guests Be Vaccinated

smart and necessary. but man do i feel for those having to deal with this at the host stand.

Host stands are going to need bouncers or security in some places.

When dining at Union Square Cafe recently, I showed Ian and Roger at the host stand our vaccination records, without even being asked. Same when our servers arrived.
I applaud the move.

They’re going to have a hippa problems.

No. Nobody is forced to disclose personal medical information. Anybody can decline and eat elsewhere (but not my noodle shop, either).

I’m all for it. I hope this works out better than his no tipping policy.

1 Like

Guys… Craig is obviously joking. He spelled it as HIPPA on purpose

2 Likes

I’ve eaten at Cervo’s (which requires proof of vax) several times. While waiting for a table, I watched the interaction(s) at the host stand. Never saw any issues. Obviously this is a small sampling. That said, if you had this policy at a restaurant in Missouri I would think it would cause a lot of headaches for the staff.

Curious to know how’d they, and other restaurants with such policies, handle a family with children under 12 wanting to dine at one of their establishments.

[dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

In France under 18s are exempt for the first month. Under 12s will be exempt thereafter.

Good for Danny. More like this please

Nassau Colliseum asked us for vax cards to go to Islander playoff games and it seemed to work out fine. (at least the game i went to)

Good!

Which was also a great idea. Still bummed that it didn’t work out.

1 Like

Agreed.

They do know how easy it is to make your own CDC vaccination card, right?

I have some vaccine hesitant friends who already have theirs…

‘Travelers Hit With $20K Fine for Falsifying International Vaccination Documents‘