Hollywood Farmer’s Market

in full swing now, so many great stands. Weiser Farms melons are mind bending, as are their potatoes. Garden of has great lettuce—didn’t know lettuce had such flavor. Pudwell Farms blueberries transcend the fruit. A couple places sell grapes that are just amazing, Murray’s for one. Fresh eggs from Lily’s are a must. The avocado guy has lots of varieties, some pretty unusual, but he’s gotten pricy. The mango guy (Wong Farms) sold out by 10, so I missed his produce. Salsas from El Machete are fabulous. Haven’t got to all the food stands—yet—Thai one a bit disappointing. I’m told the pupusas are great. Got some good pork bratwurst and Kurobuta chops from another place, haven’t tried the latter yet. Crazy good tomatoes. Place is crowded, best to get there early. Bring a cart.

2 Likes

We have similar tastes, but a special +1 about Lilly’s eggs - I get the heirlooms.

I highly recommend the Fat Uncle garlic and herb almonds. Not only are they addictive, they’re biodynamic. And you might want to try Hopf chocolates - they aren’t massively sweet, but they’re vegan and really complex.

There’s also a mushroom guy who is popular. Haven’t tried his produce yet.

Yeah, mushroom wasn’t there yesterday, but I tend to get his maitakes - they’re fresher than the ones I’m used to from Whole Foods. The Harry’s Berries allocations seem to be like MACDONALD. We’ve been shut out the last few weeks. We tend to get halibut (from…damn, I never pay attention the the name of the booth, but of the two places, it’s the one that never has a line) and accompany it Sunday nights with a good white Burg (it was Coffinet Duverney Blanchots Dessus last night).

Also I just have to say that the people watching is A+

1 Like

missed Harry’s Berries but bought the jam and we weren’t that late! People watching indeed a trip. How some strut in heels is beyond me.

+1 on Lily’s heirlooms, though I had 2 rotten ones last year.
Roots Organic has some amazing heirloom tomatoes this time of year
Harry’s “seascape” variety of strawberries and their orange cherry tomatoes are great.