Beef on Weck-Amherst NY

Looking to try a Beef on Weck sandwhich in the Amherst NY area, preferably a takeout/counter place (as opposed to sitdown/waiter/waitress service). Any suggestions ??

Charlie The Butcher or Glen Park Tavern. In Williamsville, but close to the University in Amherst.

1 Like

Tried one from Charlie the Butcher. It was a roast beef sandwich, but kind of blah IMO.

Yeah, pretty much that is what it is. Roast beef on a kimmel"WECK" roll. Maybe a horseradish spread. Kinda like going to Philly and having a cheesesteak… even at a good place and realizing it just isn’t all that. (The roast pork at John’s however…)
Pretty sure they don’t start with a Flannery roast. (Last time I had one was before I had even heard of Flannery) Might be fun use for tri tip leftovers and see what an elevated version tastes like.

Nice roll (nothing special), decent roast beef (nothing special), and some horseradish or horseradish spread (nothing special). I definitely did not overhype it in my mind.

But a Philly cheesesteak is all that!!!

Best place is at Duff’s (known for their wings and beef on weck)at 3651 sheridan dr, amherst, ny.