GAMJA JORIM

Back from Tuscany and a summerhouse in the hills of Lucca. After soo much Pasta&Pizza etc. time for a potato dish. haha

Here we have a very tasty Korean potato version which will work great with flanksteak, duck, chicken or smoky eel.

Ingredients

800-1000g fingerling potatoes with skin

180ml hot water

2 tbsp honey

3-4 tbsp soy sauce (me: light soy sauce)

1 clove garlic, chopped

1 tbsp roasted sesame oil

2-3 tbsp sesame seeds

1 tbsp white vinegar/rice wine vinegar

butter/sunflower oil

1 tbsp Sesame&Ginger&Teriyaki sauce by Stonewall Kitchen or dark soy sauce

Preparation

\

1. Heat a knob of butter with 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil in a big sauteuse or pan. Add potatoes on moderate heat. Let it cook with lid for 10-15min., preferable low heat

IMG_6958.jpg

1. Meanwhile combine water with honey, soy sauce and vinegar

IMG_6960.jpg

1. After 10-15min add water&soy sauce mixture. Let I cook for another 15min with lid on low heat. After 10min remove lid.

IMG_6961.jpg

1. Add chopped garlic and let It cook for another 5min on moderate heat.

IMG_6962.jpg

1. At the end add sesame oil and sesame seeds. AND add 1 tbsp sauce by Stonewall Kitchen to thicken the sauce.

IMG_6964.jpg

1. Finally drizzle again with sesame seeds. ENJOY

IMG_6965.jpg

P.S. Tuscany

IMG_6768.jpg

2 Likes

On my to cook-list since a few months this recipe and suprised me positively. In addition the sauce doesn’t overpower the potato flavor, very good.

BTW, you have to reduce the sauce by heat at the end, so that it thickens or add 1-2 tbsp commercial Teriyaki sauce by Stonewall Kitchen that makes the job too. I can recommend Teriyaki sauces by Stonewall Kitchen, always in my fridge.

Normally I cook fingerling potatoes with skin by adding a good knob of butter and oil. And adding a few sprigs rosemary or sometimes thyme. My house-version for Ribeye or Flanksteak or lamb.

Guess what showed up with carryout Korean last night sliced as banchan - was thinking hey, now I know what this is called :slight_smile:.