Immersion Blenders

Do we have to come to the realization that immersion blenders fail faster that any kitchen tool in existence?

I use mine to make soup about 2-3 tines a year. The blade seized up last night after approx 4 years. That’s up to 12 uses before it failed. I wash it thoroughly after each use. The All-Clad that just failed lasted longer than my previous ones. That’s not saying much.

I can’t remember exactly but our Braun might have been a wedding gift – back in 1999. We probably use it 10-20 times a year. No issues…

1 Like

Same issue here. Mine siezed up after little use. I think they are just built poorly and food gets stuck in there.

1 Like

I received a Cuisinart Mini Pimer as a Wedding Gift in 1986 that worked for a long time too. That was then, this is now.

Yeah I was wondering if it’s lasted because it was made back then. You might have to go super high-end to get one that lasts now.

I’ve been happy with the cuisinart smart stick that I got maybe 5 years ago when whatever I had before that died. It doesn’t get a ton of use but more than previous as I find the chopper attachment is better than food processor for small batch work.

We also got a Braun as a wedding gift but it’s hardly ever used. I’ve never really figured out what it’s for, that other tools don’t handle. I think I’ve seen my wife use it occasionally.

Just bought a Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender after many years of waiting . [cheers.gif]

I’ve used the cordless All-Clad one 12x this year with no issues. If anything I forgot a few times I’ve had and kicked myself for making a mess.

It’s so much easier for pureeing soup than ladling into a blender. I also use it for the sauce when I make braised short ribs. I don’t need it often, but when I do, it’s a huge convenience.

I have a cheap one now with plastic footing in case I use in any of my 35 Le Creusets. :slight_smile:
I had an amazingly expensive one designed by Porsche designers that failed after a few months.
Cheap one still going for like…years.
I use about 2x a week. Cheerios!

I have a Waring Commercial one that I’ve had for years. It has a cord and not many bells and whistles–but it does what it’s supposed to and will never break.

I’m sad that Tuite isn’t building his own immersion blender. Was looking forward to that thread.

I will echo what many others have said - I have a 10-15 year old Braun that works flawlessly, and I use it probably once a month

We had a cheap Cuisinart that lasted over 10 years. For some of that time (a couple of years at least) we were using it about 5-6 times a week. Replaced with the same cheap Cuisinart. This one only gets used a couple of times a month, but it’s going strong a few years in. We thought about replacing the last one with something “better”, but saw no reason based on how well it held up.

I find that even when I think it doesn’t, water gets inside the wand when we clean it. So, it gets dried blade side down, then flipped and dried the other way. I also always shake out any excess water right away after cleaning. Maybe that’s irrelevant and we’re just lucky. Maybe a couple of people here are just unlucky.

I’ve had the Cuisinart Smart Stick with the food processor attachment for at least 10 years and it’s working fine. Besides smoothies and soup, I make butter and even soap. Butter seems to put it through the most strain and it gets a little hot but it’s got no signs of failure. Soap is more of a long run time.

I’ve got a Williams Sonoma branded one about 25 years ago (maybe?) The name wore off at some point. The cord shorted out around 10 years ago but that’s an east fix.

Used it today and looked it up
7AE49FE3-1854-489F-BE21-13064CE06E44.jpeg
W&S has the current version
Bamix Professional Immersion Blender