"Alberta" neighborhood in Portland, OR: where to eat?

Hi, All. Some friends and I are staying for a couple of days in a vacation rental in the Alberta neighborhood of Portland. My experience is this is a very laid-back, easy-going area of Portland and I’m curious to know where we should in that is relative proximity to that area? Priorities are excellent food and good cocktails…wine enthusiasts these guys ain’t. Thanks in advance!

I’m like Bollywood Theater down the street

And there’s Eem a little further away; their cocktails are particularly good but the food is very very spicy, even by Southeast Asian standards

With the caveat that I haven’t eaten at any of these places since the pandemic: Hat Yai, Expatriate for cocktails, Lovely’s Fifty-Fifty. Beast is sadly closed. Heard good things about Urdaneta, and been meaning to go.

+1 I forgot there was one in the neighborhood. The other location was a biweekly visit for us over the past year and a half

We will be staying in the Alberta area as well but unfortunately on a Sunday and Monday night. Apparently Portland restaurants don’t do Sunday and Monday. So far, Urdaneta seems to be one of our few choices.

Urdaneta is excellent. Dame/Estes are excellent and open Sundays. Expat is open, has fine cocktails and interesting small plates. Eem is very Portland, special, and open 7 days/week (but no reservations).

Great Notion for hazy ipa
My favorite are juice junior, ripe.

Salt N Straw for ice cream

Urdaneta is fantastic. Bollywood for great casual eats.

Grilled Cheese Grill. Cart
Eat inside or outside a yellow school bus. many a midnight eating this with a bottle of bubbles.

Proud Mary
Australian brekkie and coffee brilliance. Not sure if they are doing indoor dining yet.

Hat Yai for excellent Thai.

Les Cave. Cozy wine bar with great ambience and Jeff is a great guy. Earlier this summer, Jeff was glass pouring
1994 Liparita Merlot out of a 3L for a steal.

Eem is exceptional as well.

There are Lots of options close by. (XLB for xiao long bao is pretty damn good as well)

Lots of others. Enjoy!