Cutting Boards

I’m looking for a new cutting board, wood, at least 18 x 24. Thinking of this from Boardsmith Maple End Grain Cutting Board – The Boardsmith
But before I pull the trigger, is there another board that I should consider?

Look in a restaurant supply store or Boos

1 Like

Don’t hesitate with the Boardsmith. I own one and bought one for each my children.
Keep your mind that they are heavy.

We recently bought a Boardsmith. I love it. It’s gorgeous. Buy with confidence.

I’ve had a 20x15" Boos board for years, pretty much indestructible and not so heavy in that size.

1 Like

Love Boos

Another fan of Boos. I have them in three different sizes.

My biggest one is hard to clean as it does not fit into the sink. It is good for bigger meats. Cut and served a 17 lb. turkey on Thanksgiving.

Nice feature of the juice groove.

Added benefit: world’s best cheese boards, especially the big ones.

literally just bought the 16x22 boardsmith, so glad to see the positive feedback here

I have had a Boardsmith for years and have been completely happy with it. I only ever see long grain Boos out in the wild but note with a quick Google search that they also sell end grain boards. I would definitely stick with the end grain for both knife and board longevity.

That’s odd, I had an end grain Boos board for years before upgrading to an end grain Boos block that has since been replaced by a custom end grain island.

I’ve had a end grain maple boardsmith myself for probably 6 or 7 years now. It’s really fantastic, well worth the money and should last a lifetime. Mine came before David retired, but I’ve heard the quality is just as good now as before. As others have said, they are quite heavy.

I’m a Boos guy, but that Boardsmith board looks pretty sweet.

1 Like

Here’s my Boardsmith (maple). I bought my parents one with walnut and it may be even better looking.
14D11F3E-7E63-4099-B367-1624E1872678.jpeg

That is beautiful, what size is that? Do you like the feet? I was thinking of going without so that it’s two sided.

Very nice Ryan! I definitely like being able to flip the board and use both sides.

About 7 years ago, was shopping Boardsmith, and found that they were a bit too thick for my storage. After some hunting, I went with a walnut board from Jones. It has been perfect. It is used for vegetables only, usually when doing larger projects. Most of my smaller-batch veg cutting is done on hinoki boards.

I have a variety of dishwasher-safe slabs for raw and cooked proteins.

I ordered mine without the feet and a juice groove on one side. My storage would be limited with the feet and I don’t want to keep it on the counter in perpetuity.

It’s the largest size: 18x24 – we have a huge island in our kitchen. It’s super heavy. I got it with the works: grooves, handles, and feet. I like the feet, because I have often been annoyed when the underside of boards get wet and get your counter wet, etc. Airspace keeps things dry, but I can of course understand why folks would want to use both sides.

It’s awesome looking. To your point, if I had slightly more space, I would’ve went your route and kept it out.