nyc outdoor dining

have some friends coming into town unvaxed
assuming we can still eat if we stay outside
any recc’s in manhattan
not really concerned with neighborhood
figured we’d get to thai diner and charlie bird
looking for a few other spots
tia

Wu’s Wonton King. No mistake about feeling in the street.
Barbounia. Very popular with out-of-towners.

Or, as last resort…

I guess that’s what is meant by eat at your own risk .

So, you have eaten at my shop, then. I would have comped, if knowing who was you.

halal guys?

seriously?
there are lots of places that have gone to great lengths to offer semi-luxurious, warm places to dine outside.
i was just looking for some suggestions i’m not aware of or that may have recently added the option.

To me, many restaurants have essentially built new indoor facilities on former parking spots, perhaps not better than existing indoor dining rooms.

A good friend and I are meeting for wine tonight, at the very alfresco space outside a West Village wine bar. We plan to dress accordingly. Brrrr…!!!

Cote has heated* outdoor dining

Forsythia is also quite good.

Eating in a luxurious outdoor space that has no ventilation is no different from a risk standpoint than eating indoors. Technically you should be able to do it without a vax card but you are putting yourself and everyone else around you at risk. Don’t mean to get political but why do your friends want to come to NYC if they are not vaccinated.

What’s wrong with Halal Guys? You don’t need to act offended when you didn’t provide requirements of dining experience. Perhaps you should start off the post with you’re looking for semi-luxury dining.

King, which is a favorite of ours has outdoor cabins that were previously open on one side. Now they’ve closed in the open side and added doors. I don’t get how you call that outdoor dining. They still have fully outdoor tables that are under some heat lamps, but I can’t imagine that’s comfortable on a cold, windy night.

To be frank, I’d balk at eating in the outdoor cabins at King if I knew in advance that someone in there was unvaxxed.

The nice thing about the charlie bird outdoor set up is that they have individual rooms (or they used to).

But there’s zero point zero chance that I’d sit down to eat with someone I knew to be unvaxxed, either indoors or outdoors.

Maybe McDonalds would fit the bill?

How about if unwaxed?

cheesehead

1 Like

i mentioned 2 restaurants in my op
thought that would give some idea of what i’m looking for
thanks for the input

they’re coming to long island and asked about a day trip to nyc
no politics involved with them

Having eaten free-range (sidewalk-captured) pigeons in Uptown Chicago slums for subsistence, my family has regarded ANY dining as semi-luxury, at least.

I think NYC has the fancy McDonalds where they bring your fries in a wire basket right?

The fries are made in a wire basket, dropped into hot oil.