Delivered Chicago Style Pizza

Any recommendations?

Shipped out of town or delivered locally?

If shipped this is the best we have found.

Agreed, Lou’s is the best. The sauce is slightly sweet, but in a pleasant way.

It looks like Goldbelly also carried Lou’s.

My Mom sends us a couple Lou Malnati’s every year. Instructions work out very well. Not the same as in a Chicago location but hits the spot.

Lou’s frozen reheats to a very fair approximation of hot and fresh. Be sure to add oil to the pan it ships in when you cook it.

1 Like

Good point-we take the pizza out of the tin, wipe out the condensation/ice, then a bit of oil, back into the tin and into the oven.

I should have mentioned I had had Lou’s and was looking for an alternative. It’s solid, but thought there might be something better out there.

Mark
Lou, Uno, Gino’s May all
Have frozen

If pequod’s has figured out frozen, go that route.

But I’d the original three above, Lou’s is likely the best bet. Understand it may not be your thing, which is 100% fair. The rest have a doughy crust that I think falls short.

Lookie!

Oh man! We always loved adding giardiniera to our pizza at Pequods

Another vote for Pequod, although it’s been decades since I’ve had one.

Just be clear you are looking for deep dish correct ? A chicago pizza is actually a tavern pizza. A thin crust but heavier cheese and a slightly thicker dough. I describe it as a shag carpeting of cheese.

If so Pequods is very good but the crust has a heavy char. O love Lou Malnati’s but do not consider it classic. for me classic deep dish would Ginos. While Uno’s is also classic they are owned by a large corporation now so have no idea where the pizza is coming from. You might also try Eduardos spinach.

I used to live in Chicago, and years ago when I first moved to Boston I ordered frozen stuffed pizzas from my two favorites, Giordano’s and Edwardo’s.

They were ridiculously expensive to ship. More importantly, they weren’t as good as the real thing. Never did it again, despite living in a pizza wasteland where there isn’t a decent stuffed pizza within 100 miles. (Annoyingly, Uno’s is just down the street, gag!)