Home made chicken sausage

Yesterday, I decided to get even more ridiculous than normal and jump into the homemade sausage arena by ordering sausage stuffing tubes for my kitchen grinder attachment. Amazon prime delivered it today. I also went out and bought natural hog sausage casings at restaurant depot. I read about a dozen chicken sausage recipes and watched a few You Tube videos. The stuffing tubes were delivered today and I am very happy with the result, which was shockingly better than I expect on my first try. Here is the photo. Recipe below.
Sausage-1.jpg
Required equipment: KitchenAid stand mixer with grinder attachment and sausage filler tubes.
An outdoor Garden with herbs that you have spent the last three or four weeks building and filling with various plants.
Natural hog sausage casing (how much? I have no idea, I got lucky and nailed it, but it was an accident.)

Ingredients:

5 large chicken thighs, skin attached.
Basil, Rosemary, Sage and oregano from the garden - total about one cup loosely packed.
Pinch of dry time because you were too lazy to go out and get some time from the garden.
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 of a large shallot
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
Juice of a few limes. I used 4 limes but I had small ones and they were old and a bit dried out. 1-2 good ones should be enough.

Soak the hog casings in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
Destem the herbs.
De-bone the thighs and cut into strips or chunks small enough for the grinder.
Put into nonreactive bowl and add all the other ingredients except for the casings, the chicken broth and the lime juice.
Toss together and then grind using the smallest grinder gizmo on the KitchenAid.
Add the chicken broth and the lime juice and stir until combined.
Feed the hog casing onto the tube while the liquid absorbs into the chicken mixture.
Fit the tube onto the Kitchen Aid
Turn on the Kitchen Aid and feed the chicken mixture into the top.
When the chick stars to come out of the tube and fill the casing, turn off and tie off the end.
Turn the Kitchen Aid back on and slowly fill the casing, being careful to avoid air (I need some work on this technique) and twist at sausage lengths.

Ad smashed up chipotle in Adobo to the last little bit of chicken mixture so you get one spicy one to taste.

After a 90 minute smoke as a test.
0530221023.jpg