Noma is Closing!?

Just heard the news from my brother in law who just dined there this evening. Apparently they announced it publicly but I can’t find anything in the news about it. Pretty crazy… too bad I never had the opportunity to dine there. Anyone else know more about this/can verify?

It seems as if the restaurant is being turned into a production facility to produce sauces and ferments etc and that they will possibly continue to do pop ups here and there.

We have some exciting news to share with you. Today we open our vegetarian season, which will be our last season in Copenhagen this year.

This fall we will once again travel, taking our team on an adventure to another part of the world. We will announce the pop-up location and more details with you here, later this summer.

This trip will be the starting point of one of our biggest transformations so far. When we return to Copenhagen in 2023 we will celebrate our 20th year – the last year of noma as we know it and the beginning of a new and exciting phase.

If you want to catch us before we leave this October, you can add your name to our waiting list to be notified of any openings over the summer.

Furthermore, we also have a new release of Noma Projects Smoked Mushroom Garum this July, sign up here for first access.

2024 will bring big changes and we look forward to sharing more.

Warmest regards,
The noma team

Sort of vague. “2024 will bring big changes”

Maybe it will actually be good? [snort.gif] neener

George

2 Likes

I have no huge interest in Noma itself but this kind of philosophy always amaze me because it seems so foreing.

Another tecnically Danish restaurant, KOKS, was based in the Faroe and now has moved to Greenland for 2 years and then they’ll come back in the Faroe with another location.

As a Souther European all this seems inconceivable, but they definitely know better!

Noma has been a very frustrating restaurant for us to book a table of 2, and, in the end, despite numerous wait list trials, we never could eat there after many years of attempting a reservation. Over the past few years, I just scroll downward from anything in my Email from Noma. I know it is futile to even look at what they say.

1 Like