It's Friday, 01/30/2009...What Y'all Eating This Weekend?

Tonight…Yellow Curry Thai Fried Rice with Snow Crab and Shrimp, Extra Spicy

Tomorrow…Flannery Porterhouse, 3 Inch Thick and Flannery Hangers at Philip’s pad for UFC Fight Night

Sunday…Work In Progress

I don’t think so…just make sure you get Yukon Gold Taters and a few heads of garlic. What time and do we have a theme for juice?

I probably have a bottle or two that will work with steaks…

Sorry to interrupt your love fest here.

I’m meeting Dan and Shel Teng for dinner at Nostrana tonight, so I don’t know for sure what I’ll be having but Margherita is definitely on the agenda.

Tomorrow . . .who knows? Sunday? Nuts, popcorn and beer. Maybe I’ll make some chili or throw a whopper on the grill at halftime.

It’s a bro-mance…get it right old man.

Tell Dan I said hi.

Beef just got delivered.

It’s my nieces bat Mitzvah this weekend, so all weekend long I’ll be having one over cooked kosher dish after another. Some PLEASE eat some bacon for me, I’m going to binge on some come monday!!!

Tonight some winos are coming over:

Kale salad with toasted pine nuts & currants with parmesan

Butternut Squash Soup

Truffled Mac N Cheese

Short ribs with ancho chile-coffee (thanks Bob W) over gouda grits. I made the soup last night and braised the short ribs last night as well. They taste awesome!!!

Rest of the weekend…very light. Sushi on Sunday for the SUper Bowl

Tonight - pizzas @ Andiamo after wine tasting at Susan’s

Tomorrow - probably duck breast with figs in balsamic

Sunday - Super Bowl at Lucero’s with lots of good food and wines.

Tonight I’m heading up to Monterey Park(Chinatown) for some Peking Duck with Charlie Fu and crew. Among them will be current and future board members. Alesia Pinot will be in tow for me plus maybe a German.

The Porterhouse Steaks from Flannery:

Short ribs that we got from BJ’s last week and I cooked off on Sunday last. Served them to the FiL tobe with creamy polenta and a mixed greens salad.

Patty Green Old Vine Estate Ribbon Ridge '06 for slurpees.

We’ll be manging the leftovers tonight.

Sunday I’ll be making a poultry chili (cheeken/turkey) and guac. Football fare all day!!!

No dog in that fight since the Giants $hit the bed.

Today is my birthday so my wife is preparing a mixed grill of quail, bison and beef tenderloin. Serving that with a sauce of tomatillo, applewood bacon and roasted pumpkin seeds. Opening a 1961 Fontefredda Barolo to wash it down.

Pizza Margherita

And Pizzeria Mozza’s Butterscotch Budino

At Nostrana.

Happy Birthday, Joe… I hope dinner was fun!

Friday: Ethopian at home. Yebeg wot (lamb with red pepper, garlic, onion and ginger). Spongy bread of course. This paired best with an Italian Moscato d’Asti. Second best with 2002 Roederer l’ermitage champagne. Did NOT go with Fox Creek Vixen shiraz, too high in alcohol and too tannic. OK with 2001 Dom du Monteillet St Joseph Cuvee de Papy (this wine is shutting down. Was fabulous 3-08, tighter now). We drank all the 2001 Jaffurs Thompson (killer bottle!) before the lamb was done and the 2006 Tablas Creek Mourvedre was unfortunately corked.

Saturday: homemade pizza. One with fresh mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, basil and white truffle oil. One with fresh mozzarella, proscuitto and sun dried tomatoes. No wine, just Jones Cream Soda as I’m planning to catch a movie later and need to drive.

Sunday: no clue yet. Depends on if I can get anyone to come over for superbowl.

Had Sweet Baby Rays BBQ tonite…smoked brisket…very tasty with a Schneider Dark Weiss Bier

The Sauce Is The Boss!

Oh, btw this is how those looked on the plate:

2007 Two Hands Angels’ Share to wash it all down.

Yo Ho Ho!!

I hate to quibble, but I believe I’d call that a bowl. [whistle2.gif]