Fantastic espresso machine--Le Cube Nespresso

This is what I wanted, super espressos, great cappuccinos and no work.

The Le Cube combined with the Aerocappucino will give you everything that you want for no work and very low price, $249.

I enjoy coffee and I am picky, this is the answer to great results with no work.

You can only use Nespresso pods, but they have many, and once you settle on one you are set.

I can’t do the pods, man…just can’t do it

Todd, I hear you man. Try one of those and let me know, don’t eliminate something because it does not require a 10k machine. Do a blind taste.

I’m sure they taste fine, and I have NO intention to get a $10k machine - ever. It’s a combination of the waste factor of all the cups and the cost - they are, what, about 90 cents per cup?

Todd, it’s $0.60 delivered. Like wine, has to be done blind.

Otto

I drink the nespreso a lot, i prefer the black…they are decent…but they don’t have depth and richness and they seem to be lacking in oil… but they are completely acceptable…but I would never choose them over most alternatives…

I had this in my hotel room in Toronto.
The blacks are the best to me.
Some of the others like the green ones are strange.
Pretty nice espresso.

I have owned mine for 2 years now and it does a very acceptable job, and yes, the Ristretto (black) is the strongest of the bunch (intesity:10) and usually the favorite.

I just picked up the Nespresso Citiz with the Aeroccino, happy with the results so far. I agree with Scott that there are definitely better alternatives, but for $235, and a quick shot with no cleanup…works for me! Also, the the automatic froth that the Aeroccino makes is decent…so far, so good.

I am working my way through the sampler pack of pods that came with it…some good options in there, some…not so good.

Client of mine has one of these that I use quite often…quick, easy, clean, and tasty. If I drank coffee on a regular basis I think this might be my selection.

Used one of these last weekend. I thought the epresso shot was too big/long thereby weaking the coffee, even with the 10s.

Certainly easy to use but my Francis Francis with ESE pods is almost as easy to use and makes MUCH better espresso.

George

i too recently tried this in a store. it’s easy and convenient. but it doesn’t hold a candle to even a moderately proper setup like a gaggia classic and one of many different $100 burr grinders out there.

not picking on anyone, but it’s frustrating to me when i read stuff like this on a wine board. no one would ever try and claim that a gallo sonoma cabernet was just as good as a good vintage Haut-Brion, yet it’s the same type of claim. of course, nothing wrong with the gallo cab – it’s available everywhere, it’s cheap and it tastes like cabernet. but it ain’t Haut-Brion, or anything approaching a high-quality cabernet. it’s the exact same argument. at some level there is – unfortunately – a direct relationship between price and quality.

Okay, I’ll be contrary. I like my stove top moka-style Bialetti. I think it cost $15.

While in Verona for VinItaly we stumbled upon a Nespresso store that looked like a combination of The Sharper Image and a Saphora outlet. HAD to cost € 1 million to put that place together.

The one in Paris is beautiful, too, Roberto. I thought I was in a Rolls Royce dealership.
As a Nespresso customer, one can go into any of their stores, anywhere, and have a free cup of espresso.
I have the Citiz, too, and I love the convenience.

I got a Nepresso machine two or three years ago for a present. When I first got it I used it a lot. I don’t think I have used it in over a year. When I make coffee at home I never think about it.

+1… and that’s a great analogy to Gallo.

I had a Francis Francis X1 and Illy pod setup like George mentioned, and I was thoroughly thrilled with it until the day that someone on a wine board told me to pretend the coffee was wine and REALLY smell it. And (no offense, George) it smelled terrible. I thought my espresso was great when I thought it “smelled like coffee”, but that’s a lot like people who think red wine smells like red wine.

I was just at a friend’s house this weekend for brunch and they made cappuccinos and americanos using a nespresso. It’s definitely a cool, convenient gadget and the frother made some killer foam.

But, I’m a traditionalist; I like the ceremony of pulling my own shots, frothing the milk and having the freedom to chose a variety of different coffee beans.

As is the Manhattan store as well. Although, I thought anyone that asked got a comped espresso…I know I did.

I’m with Todd, it’s a beautiful, compact machine but I just can’t do the pods.

Also, as Chris Blum mentioned, I grew up on stove-top Moka style brewers…still my preferred method. Haven’t used my Breville in over two years.

never thought there would come a day where i would spend so much on home espresso equipment. very happy with my purchase and the results.