McRib...

…taste like shit

I had such high hopes

High hopes for McDonalds food? I’m so sorry. pileon

Really? Why? It has NOTHING to do with real pork ribs…And it’s from McDonalds…

Bruce

Im an optimist.

Can I interest you in a slightly used Brooklyn Bridge? [snort.gif]

Bruce

How is this new? I remember eating these things 20 years ago…

From the excellent @Ruth Bourdain: The marketing of the McRib is fucking impressive, and I appreciate the enthusiasm, but you do know they are made out of people, don’t you?

Sorry, looking for a new one

Had one the other day, I remember why I haven’t had it for over 10 years. lol.

Here is another good reason not to indulge, 26 grams of saturated fat per sandwhich !

Along with 980MG of sodium.

What is it actually made of?

If Bob’s info is correct, then I think it was carved out of one of these.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fast Food Facts | Deconstructing McRib : McDonald's McRib sandwich deconstructed, photos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out the filleted inside of the mcrib…

That looks sickening. [barf.gif]

Maybe they got the Idea from Scotland’s King Rib. I have never had a McRib but I loved these after midnight in Edinburgh. Go to 2:00 Anthony Bourdain Visits The Mermaid FIsh Bar, Leith Walk - YouTube" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the ones they are serving now are the leftovers from 10 years ago. Seems McDs food never “goes away.”
Story around of someone who left a Big Mac on his desk for months and it never changed.

Also - this forum is “Epicurean Exploits.” Discussions of McDs food belongs either in an opt-in forum or the Asylum.

Deal with it

But seriously, either make a BBQ sandwich yourself from scratch, or pick up some cooked protein from your grocery store, add good BBQ sauce, and put it in your favorite sliced bun. I can guarantee you it will be vastly better (and more nutritious) than the crap that is a McD’s “McRib.”

Bruce