KFC buffet

I do not believe this has been discussed before. Kentucky Fried Chicken has a $5 buffet that includes all the original, crispy, and broiled chicken that one can eat - spicy for some reason is not included. Plus, sides of mustard greens, butter beans, black eyed peas, red beans, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn bread, biscuits and other assorted sides that, although not the greatest of gourmet foods, are still durned decent foods. A not half bad dessert is also included.

The downside - no breasts unless asked for, but for me, this is not a downside. I prefer dark meat, particularly legs. Drinks and tax add another $1.50 or so depending upon one’s state and local tax rate. The mashed potatoes and gravy are not that great, actually fairly pedestrian but still edible, but the mustard greens are as good as I have ever had. Butter beans are not half bad either.

If there is a better deal on fast food, I would like to hear opinions as to what it might be.

In-n-Out

DD+fries+med soda= $5.75 + tax

I’ll take In-n-Out every day of the week over KFC, although KFC isn’t bad for what it is. I prefer Popeye’s, but they only seem to be located in da hood.

1 Like

I just saw an all-you-can-eat commertial for Denny’s pancakes. $4.

I as well. We have one here in HB which isn’t exactly ‘da hood’. [tease.gif]

What exactly is wrong with the hood?

I was just about to write how there is no Popeye’s within x mile radius of where I now live and how I so miss it only to discover there appears to be one located in the basement of the Hotel Buckminster in Kenmore Square…

In and Out - hamburger and fries.

KFC - chicken, greens, beans, salads, slaw, biscuits, corn bread, dessert… For me, no brainer, and I like In and Out.

Which choice might be healthier?

We just don’t eat Buffet style anymore… but we liked it for value too!!

But I always had the crispy stuff…

I would say neither is ‘healthy’ unless you ate only the greens and beans from the buffet. But I would bet even those are full of preservatives and hydrogenated oils.

Eating at home.

Being in the ‘singles’ scene forces me to stay away from both!

While Popeye’s is seriously good fried chicken for fast food, and I have eaten it for decades, this post was not about who has the best fried chicken. This post was about who has a better fast food meal for less than $7. All you can eat is one of the key aspects of this post as well as the sides that are clearly a healthy food choice.

My local Popeye’s have a Tuesday special. A leg and a thigh for $0.99. Two of those is too much food for me and is nothing close to healthy but I cannot resist going about once a month and splurging.

Clearly. But this post is about eating fast food and what constitutes a better deal.

Don’t you have to consider the health implications when determining a good deal or not? Health care is not cheap, neither are weight loss programs.

I prefer Five Guys over in n out.
Burger(with all fixins and more) fries and drink for about 7 bucks + all you can eat peanuts(which adheres to the sprit of this thread)

Broiled chicken, mustard greens, butter beans, black eyed peas, red beans, cole slaw, etc. What is unhealthy about this meal? Minimal saturated fat in the meat protein, plus phytochemicals in the greens and cole slaw, and roughage in the beans. About as healthy a meal as one could ask for in the fast food realm in the U.S. Certainly more healthy than a burger and fries. What other fast food proprietor offers a more healthy menu choice for this price?

You eat like a field mouse.

I’m not even thinking healthy, I think this is an awesome deal and I would partake in unlimited fried chicken for $5 any day of the week.

You have completely understood the point of my original post. Well done!

KFC isn’t half bad fried chicken, I actually like the original a lot. There are better places but at $5 all you can eat… geeeeeeezzzz, sign me up. I’ve seen one when driving home from the dessert , wish there was one near me.