Top Chef Season 10: Seattle- Blog

So, the tenth Top Chef starts tonight. Info here on the cheftestants: Top Chef Season 10. Seattle’s got a nice food scene, so I’m looking forward to this season versus some others, especially after the dismal season 9.

Things to look for: Tattoos, ridiculous facial hair, product placements, impossibly difficult and inane catering contests that prove nothing, Padma looking ravishing, some decent cooking. Actually, all kidding aside, word is they’ve returned focus to actual cooking and less on ridiculous challenges that have marred the past couple of seasons.

I’m glad the focus will return to the cooking. The challenges were lame. Hopefully they try to do away with the mean girls bullshit too.

I think Padma’s overrated (and I like Indian chicks). But I know who I will be rooting for – Kristen Kish, She’s purrrrty. pepsi

All we need is more Padma… :smiley:

. Oh Yeah … MORE Padma …

not in any order …

Brooke Williamson
Youngest chef to ever cook at the James Beard House.
Loves to run, hike, and travel.
I’d boink her.

Carla Pellegrino
Cooked at the James Beard House five times.
Currently working on her first cookbook.
I’d boink her too.

Elizabeth Binder
Cooks with her two children often.
Born and raised in South Africa.
Very boinkable.

Gina Keatley
Named a 2011 CNN Hero and L’Oreal Woman of Worth.
Ideal last meal would be steamed blue crabs with her husband and family.
Also very boinkable.

Let’s maybe keep the focus here on the cooking and episodes, huh?

“Cooking” is exactly what I’m talking about.

In all fairness, Brad, it was you who mentioned “ravishing” and “Padma” in the same sentence… some of us are easily distracted the fairer sex. :slight_smile:

What’s her true passion? Modeling or cooking?

There’s a difference between mentioning and plastering up a ton of pictures. There’s a different forum for that. [snort.gif]

Emeril certainly liked Kristen’s soup. So far I’m digging this opening round. Good focus on skills in the kitchen.

She the one that did that stupid Hardee’s commercial?

I’d boink her.

OK, enough of the hoochie coochie.

Sort of a lame opening episode. I want to see more actual cooking. And have the chefs with Wolfgang ever cooked eggs before? I have never seen more brown eggs in my life.

I was flabbergasted that in Wolfgang group, it appeared that not one of them knew one of the two classic methods of making a basic omelette. Since Wolfgang is a classically trained old school chef, he was definitely looking for those techniques. Also, was there a shortage of non-stick or seasoned skillets? Some of the cooks used standard fry pan, which just makes it harder for you…

To be fair, even Wolfgang’s omelette looked a little brown, but he probably let it sit in the pan too long due to talking/demonstration purposes.

First impressions… I would rename this to top mustache
Fewer full sleeve tats more mustache wax…

+1 Haha. Nice observation. Also a lot more of guys who are sweating buckets. Always makes me uncomfortable to think that some of that may end up in the soup.

Well, there’s really not much you can do in the first episode. There are too many people to really get to know anyone. I thought it was good that they had them perform basic kitchen skills for the elimination.

Completely agree about the omelettes, though I do wonder about the kitchenware. As Cary mentioned, it doesn’t look like there were non-stick pans and even Wolfgang’s omelette was darker than it probably should’ve been.

image.jpg
Made this while watching the Wolfgang segment

Why not both? [cheers.gif]