The Taste - New Show

Anyone watching this show?

I watched the first two episodes. It’s not great, but mildly entertaining. I do like the idea of the blind tasting (not knowing who cooked it) because I’ve often felt that there is chef bias on shows like Top Chef. I am flabbergasted by Nigella’s choosing of the “chef” who made “chicken with sauce and mash potatoes”!

This show is unwatchable IMHO- and I used to like Bourdain…ugh- not anymore.

And Brian Mularkey…yikes.

Me too…

It seems pretty awful - though it is only an 8-episode season, so I will likely stay with it until the end.

Mularkey’s face is frightening…what the hell kind of bad plastic surgery did he get?

How many cooking competition shows can there be on all the channels before the genre is officially over-saturated?

Bruce

Two.

Slowly but surely, Bourdain is morphing into the type of culinary celebrity he used to eviscerate in his writings.

Bourdain #sellout

I, unfortunately, have to agree with the last two posts. Disappointing, but I guess the paycheck is simply too tempting. pileon

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

caught a few minutes of this show… dreadful, seems like it was thrown together very quickly on a major shoestring budget… sets, camera / video quality, everything just seems low quality… disappointed in Bourdain for this…

Can’t stand Bourdian, nor Top Chef. Both haven’t been good in years.