How to make perfect fried eggs

Separate the white from the yolk and put on the yolk 2 minutes after starting to cook the white.More or less based on how crisp you like your whites.( and how you like your yolks)
Got this from a good friend recently- seems so obvious ,but never thought about it.My kids ( and everyone else) love this.Just a little messy if you hand separate your whites and yolks.(you can always pour from shell to shell- just takes longer,breaks more yolks and not necessarily more effective). Good luck and enjoy

An interesting technique. You can buy a small plastic separater if you don’t want to do it by hand.

Sure, and Ron Popeil invented a gizmo that scrambles the eggs INSIDE the shell. [berserker.gif]

Thanks for this reco. We make fried eggs every morning and my wife likes the whites crispy. Gonna try this mañana!

In queue for this weekend. Arnold likes really crispy whites and runny eggs. Thank you!

Runny yolks and cooked whites have always been my goal. I’ll mention it to the WWOTW so she can try it. [stirthepothal.gif]

I like cooked but not crispy whites so I always cook them over easy – whites are set, yolks perfect.

Frank- at least your next guests that want crispy whites will get exactly what they want too. (Btw- if you want cooked whites with looser yolks,you could cook at a lower temp and add the yolk later too )

This ^ [cheers.gif]

I like mine poached so this probably wouldn’t work.

George

ed - this is pretty brilliant. thanks for sharing.

i think when you combine your method with this for separating yolks, you’ve got a pretty good lifehack.

Or this:
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/egg-separator/s216771

My son also just showed me something new on kickstarter ,called a yolkr.does the same thing , by sucking up the yolk.

I have to try this.

How’s your cholesterol?

Mine’s better now. My mother raised me on eggs cooked in bacon grease. They were never turned over. She would use a spatula to throw hot bacon grease on top of the egg to cook it. She’d put a platter of them on the table. I’d pick up the platter and tip it toward my plate and one or two would slide off on to my plate. I stopped eating eggs much after moving out of the house. (But not bacon.)

I did yolk separated eggs tonight with the plastic water bottle trick. Crispy whites. Runny yolks. Brilliant. And lots of fun to do as well. All served over a really nice hash. Happy!

Cheese? [snort.gif]