Potato Chips - What's your Favorite?

I fairly recently discovered Utz Dark Russet chips and man are those things addictive. Think of that lone overdone chip in the regular bag, but this one is done right and meant to be that way. They are pretty much all folded and most multiple times in the process. Im not sure if it’s the spud or the process but those things are crazy addictive. Dark yet light in your mouth, and really crunchy but not so much a kettle type chip at all. Remarkably I stumbled upon these discounted at a Dollar General (when I was looking for a 1 dollar screwdriver), it’s not a regular brand here but must be elsewhere.

What’s your go to chip?

Zapps

Cape Cod (40% Less Fat Version)

I tend to like Cape Cod and other kettle chips in general. Even better with salt and vinegar.

Better Made Rainbow Chips. Not always available, but they are also darker, from ‘select’ potatoes. I think they are potatoes with more sugar, so they end up darker.
http://bmchips.com/rainbow-potato-chips.aspx

+1
Favorite brand is Old Dutch’s Dutch Crunch. Only available regionally, however. Also like Ms. Vickie’s.

Kettle brand Salt & Vineagar.

Walmart brand kettle chips. Tastes the same as the brand name stuff for half the price.

Cape Cod salt and vinegar chips are great.

Martin’s Kettle Cook’d hands down. Unfortunately not available much outside of Central PA. Here on the West Coast Kettle Chips are the best but their flavors are terrible, I only buy sea salt.

These probably suck but you’ve got to admire her marketing:

Old Dutch ripple chips

Lay’s kettle cooked salt and cracked black pepper or the Archer Farms version.

Archer farms is pretty good too. Not sure who makes them for target.

Next trip to Napa Valley, stop in St. Helena at one of my more recent favorite restaurants, La Condesa. As the kids say, OMG. You will die for these, and their tortilla chips with a basic (but fantastic) guacamole are a very close second. Delicious.

whatever one is in front of me
alan

Chip a holic. Vinegar & salt, BBQ, Sour Cream and Onion and any plain chip with French Onion dip. Used to love them before, during and after ice cream. WWOTW has me on a short leash now, (low fat, low salt), but Trader Joe’s air cooked BBQ chips are sooooo addictive.

Zapps voodoo flavor.

Seems to me I remember a thread like this on eBob several years back. Bob himself even commented.

Don’t suppose that would happen here.

[whistle.gif]

Boulder Canyon