The One Can't Miss Restaurant in Las Vegas

We are headed to Las Vegas next week to see Shania Twain in concert. We have one evening free for a wonderful dinner experience. If you can only do one dinner in LV, what is the must-try restaurant? It needs to be 85% food based/15% wine based. Not based on the most expensive (as in only the truly most expensive is the best). Where would you go?

Lotus of Siam

We have it on our list. Have you been there for lunch? We were thinking a lunch at Lotus of Siam.

don’t do the buffet if you do lunch. Order off menu–many threads here w suggestions.
alan

Thanks for the feedback, Alan. We weren’t thinking buffet, but good to get the input.

Did a one day trip to Vegas a couple years back. Had Lunch at LOS, early dinner at Cut in Venetian. Then Spectator Grand Tour, then late night dinner at Bould at Wynn while it was still there.

For an answer I’d say Sinatra at Wynn.

Robuchon is quite the experience.

Lotus for lunch
Chada Thai and Wine is also open for lunch also…and late night (until 3am).

If I had to choose between the two I’d be at Chada.

I’ve been to Lotus many times, and while I’ve had fantastic meals there they have also rushed us through and missed the mark with the food a few times. I think I’m batting .300 on this since the expansion, and 0-1 since Bank left.

Chada has a killer wine list, as you would expect, but I personally don’t think the food is even on par with Lotus.

It’s too late for you to get into “e”, so this is probably what I would suggest:

Lunch at Lotus, and definitely not the buffet. The Northern menu is where they really shine.
Dinner at L’atelier de Joel Robuchon
Post-midnight “fourthmeal” at Raku! Chada is very close, so you could also enjoy a nice bottle from their list and a small plate or two while in Chinatown.

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the personal experience input. Helps a lot.

Personally I’m a fan of Picasso. If you end up going there ask to sit outside.

Also - I wasn’t overly impressed with Lotus of Siam. Out of the way for mediocre food, (IMHO).

Good to hear. I had a wonderful meal there but it’s been years ago and people don’t mention it as much. This would be my vote since Alex is closed.

I’m with you ED,LOS has got top be the most over hyped restaurant ever. We have tried twice with mediocre food at best both times. The wine program is stellar and this is a wine board so maybe that’s the connect. I dont know, I would never recommend the place. JMHO.

Cheers,

Bud

This pains me so.

What Bud said!

Joel Robuchon is the most impressive food wise and wine wise IMO. It’s also very pricy.

Raku used to be awesome for walk-in late night 4th meal (foie gras egg custard with noodles to dip them in). Now they are so popular last time, we got turned away around 1-2AM saying they were full and we needed reservations.

Its been about two years but we had a fabulous experience at Picasso. Lunch at LOS is a good idea and Atelier JR is a great plan.

Anybody been to Jaleo? We are thinking about tapas before the concert (not the splurge meal).

Haven’t been to Jaleo, but I’ve had good tapas and drinks at Firefly. There are two locations now - one on Paradise and one downtown.

Yep…I’ve been. Rather tasty. Julian Serrano at Aria is good also. I’d pass on the paella at Jaleo, was just okay, sadly missing some crunchy bits.