Gary danko corkage

Ok folks - partially a wine question partially a grammar question. So I’m heading to gary danko this weekend and this is their corkage policy:

Our corkage policy is fourty dollars per 750 ml bottle; the limit per party is two bottles. The corkage for magnums is seventy five dollars; the limit per party is one bottle respectively.

Question: Does the use of “respectively” in this case mean I can bring one magnum AND one 750ml bottle, or does this mean I can bring one mangum OR one 750ml bottle? I tried to call but there’s only the reservationist (as opposed to someone at the front or in the wine program) and they weren’t really sure.

Thanks all!

Bring em both. Tip big!

Can’t answer on the corkage but be sure to at least take a look at the list- when I was there last year I had a killer bottle of 09 Huët Moelleux Le Mont with a markup that was less than corkage.

Who knows for sure what they mean? “Respectively” has absolutely no place in that sentence, regardless of what the policy is…

A perfect example of how important pedants are. If Gary Danko had one on his staff, you wouldn’t be confused right now. [cheers.gif]

It’s 2 750 or 1 1500 only.

We broke the rule once but we had the private dining room. Not a fan of GD.

Exactly, the purpose of language is communication. Who knows what the writer of that policy thought the word" respectively" meant? No one can tell now.

Does it really say “fourty dollars”? [pwn.gif]

“Our corkage policy is fourty dollars per 750 ml bottle; the limit per party is two bottles. The corkage for magnums is seventy five dollars; the limit per party is one bottle respectively.”

after reading this on the web site it is very clear to me that there is a limit of wine brought in is 1500ML but then again I already knew that:

Our corkage policy is fourty dollars per 750 ml bottle; the limit per party is two bottles. PERIOD
The corkage for magnums is seventy five dollars; the limit per party is one bottle respectively. PERIOD

Yeah, but how many respective 375s can I bring? neener

Turns out it was a 1500ml limit although I still question the use of “respectively”. Anyhow, it was a great meal. Had a 1996 Cos and 2005 clos apalta with me and ordered a 2004 margaine special club and a 2004 trimbach off the list. Great evening. Thanks all for the feedback!