Food Processor Recs?

Looking mainly at Cuisinart vs. Kitchenaid. Anyone with experience/opinions?

Absolutely love our Cuisinart food processor. Oddly enough I equally love our Kitchenaid mixer with all of the attachments.

Got a Cuisinart from a Macy’s sale last year to replace out decades old one. Works great.

+1

+1 same here

What I hate about pretty much every food processor are the cheap plastic parts that break way before the motor dies. My ex roommate had a Cuisinart that had a broken part on the lid latch. You had to hold an oyster shucking knife in the lid in order to get the thing to turn on. Almost every brand I have ever owned had problems like this.

this.

I’ve had this 16-cup Cuisinart die-cast processor for a few years… http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/9968082/ I am always satisfied when I use it…though it often has to stop for the motor to cool off when I make pizza dough with it.

It seems more durable than any other food processor I’ve ever encountered…and larger than most, too.

Cuisinart BFP-10WB food processor work bowl.
by Cuisinart See the Amazon Page for this brand

Price: $13.00
Deal Price:
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Only 6 left in stock.
Sold by Gourmet Kitchen Gallery and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Want it tomorrow, July 31? Order within 6 hrs 38 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

3 new from $9.99
Replacement work bowl
For Cuisinart food processor models BFP-10, BFP-10CH, SPB-10

14cup is $29
21aG1dzkuOL.jpg

Yep. We’re replaced all plastic work pieces on our Cuisinart at least twice. The motor base is over 15 years old.

The key to good food processor is direct drive motor with a large inertial mass. The cheaper units are belt-drive and the smaller motor will bog down when processing. You really feel the mass of the Cuisinart when it spools up.

I’m also in the Cuisinart food processor and Kitchenaid mixer. Throw in the Vitamix and that’s our Kitchen Dream Team.

FYI, in my experience it hasn’t been the bowl that breaks. The problem is with the work bowl cover and pusher sleeve assembly. Not the end of the world, but nothing I want to spend $50 or so on to replace.

The little tab that locks the pusher sleeve assembly to the work bowl is the first to go. Replaced at least twice on the current machine. Nowadays I just force the damned thing down with one hand while operating the machine with the other. Wifey gets annoyed with this method though, and after a few months we relent and buy another overpriced, engineered-to-fail replacement part.

Otherwise (…), the machines are reliable. I prefer the old style with the paddle-like lever controls.

You can make a decent, flakey pastry crust with the Cuisinart (if you do not overprocess). I much prefer the Kitchenaid mixer for bread doughs.

I have the 16c KitchenAid Pro. No complaints. Neighbor has the 16c Cuisinart (that Stuart posted above) and it works about the same. I’m sure either of the high-end models will be equally good.