Top Chef New Orleans - Season 11 Blog

Finally! NOLA. This has to be a great season.

Visions of our wedding last October in NOLA

Gene, this could be one of the best Top Chefs ever. Can’t wait! TIVO is ready, as usual. [cheers.gif]

I agree. The sights and sounds will be A+. Let’s just hope the challenges and chefs are too.

+1 LOVE that town!!! champagne.gif

TC will somehow water it all down and sell a lot of product placement…
I just hope we see some good cooking and not a lot of Top Catering events or more of the stupid
junk food challenges ( pretty sure they have stopped those)

Yeah, those catering events are horrible. As are the junk food type challenges. I’m not sure every episode HAS to be so different. Just a theme, or some ingredients that must be used, etc etc, and let them do their best.

Gene is that you in the photo?

Yes. We got married in NOLA last October. We had the Warren Easton HS Marching Band to join the second line about half way through. Didn’t realize until we saw them that they were a 180 piece band. Police closed Canal street for 2 blocks.

All six episodes of the Padma’s Picks webisodes are up. Spend an hour to whet your appetite for the main Top Chef event starting in October.
http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-11/padmas-picks

What a great photo, Mazel Tov.

Gene, that’s FANTASTIC!!! I’m headed back to NOLA in late September, can’t wait.

Wow, first off, cool photo and story.
I asked mostly because my mental picture of you resembled Jerry Garcia circa 1995. I obviously knew the avatars weren’t you, but imagined a similar hippie-ish, graying, 65 year-old.

Michel- Have you been to Stella ? One of my wife and my favorites from our home town.

Fred, nope, but I’ll make sure to stop in. I had a very good meal at Sylvain in the French Quarter (cockatils were killer).

Anyone catch this ? - apparently it premiered on Wednesday.
I never, ever watch Bravo except for TC, so it doesn’t surprise me that I missed it.
(my wife does not watch Bravo, and hates TC too, so no help there)

I guess the question is, does anyone care?
I’m recording the Sat AM rerun, so may check it out over the weekend.
There is actually a Seattle chef in this one as opposed to the Seattle show last year.

We have not watched it yet but we saw all of the episodes of Padma’s Picks which was good. Definitely got us excited for the show. There are two chefs from NOLA this season

Very excited this season is finally off and running. First episode was as normal: too early to really reveal much. I agree, this season should be a good one, especially with Emeril involved.

Seems to have potential…There seems to be some real talent and some of the dishes on week one looked impressive. I got home from my week in New Orleans about an hour before the show started so I was certainly psyched!

Cheers! [cheers.gif]
Marshall

Just caught the first episode, it’s looking good but then again it’s very early in the season. I am looking forward to this season after going back to NOLA last week for a few days (sorry to miss you Marshall). Man we ate/drank well!

Sorry to miss you as well…New York in January?

Cheers!
Marshall

If it’s early January, you’re on! We head to Europe for 6-8 weeks starting in late January.