Regional Nutella Variation

It has recently been brought to my attention that the Nutella produced and sold in Europe is materially a different from that in North America. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Where might I be able to find it? Is this just another case of “Oh it tastes better when you’re over there”, because I’m a big seller of “regional food specialties”. Thanks.

24 views and no responses indicates dire problems with the makeup of the viewers of the Epicurean Exploits forum. Todd make this sticky ASAP.

Wiki is your friend:

The main ingredients of Nutella are sugar and palm oil, followed by hazelnut, cocoa solids, and skimmed milk. In the United States, Nutella contains soy products

interesting. I do love my Nutella.

If the Euro stuff is 20% (!!!) Palm Oil, is the American stuff 20% Soy Bean Oil?

Funny, this says just the opposite of other info I found:

LOTS of discussion on this topic:

http://www.google.com/#q=nutella+american+vs+italian

Well I haven’t posted anything because it’s obviously 100% subjective but my wife and I both think the European version tastes better than the U.S. version. We buy it at a local German store.

I imagine there are slightly different recipes given the availability and cost of ingredients.
While subjective, I think there is a difference in flavor and taste from the US available Nutella and that tasted in Canada as well as Italy.
When you compare a label in Italy, for example, the protein, fat and fiber levels are different than that produced in the US or Canada.
Funny, the portion on labels for Italy and Ireland are at 15 g for a serving. Canada is at 19g for a serving.
In the US, a serving size is listed as 37g on the label.
(No comment or this thread will be moved to “Politics.”)