Leg of Lamb

Did a nice job tonight on a roast leg of lamb. Coated with herb mixture of parsley, thyme, rosemary, taragon, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, S&P. Taken out of the oven @ 130 deg. Paired with a 2000 Ch. Grand Puy Lacoste. Sides included roast Brussel sprouts in duck fat and au gratin potatoes.

Looks awesome. Lamb is my favorite meat.

k.

YUM!!! flirtysmile

+1. And leg of lamb is such a bargain for being so delicious. Also, along with roast chicken, it’s my go-to dish for good red wine.

Yum!

That looks great!

+1

Wish my wife ate lamb. Love cooking it

What a great result. Looks delicious.

Wow, that looks yummy.

But now I’m in the mood for leg of lamb and Arnold is off dogsitting for 2 weeks :frowning:

It’s going to be nearly impossible to date vegan guys with that kind of attitude, young lady! [snort.gif]

Bruce

They will just have to deal with lamb breath. [wow.gif] [snort.gif]

Chris, what was your oven temp, and for how long?

450 deg for 20-25 minutes, the dropped to 400 for 45-60 till up to temp. Used a remote read thermometer.

Man, that looks great! I just saw that Kenji at Serious Eats wrote a post on boneless leg of lamb:

For me, he takes the science and factors of cooking to another level beyond America’s Test Kitchen or Alton, and I find myself using his guidelines often with great success. I haven’t tried the lamb yet, but definitely plan to soon.

Looks great! Where did you get the lamb?

Costco

I must admit to preferring it on the bone. More importantly, I like it very rare which none of my guests or family ever do so I have to eat it all myself.

Poor baby. [snort.gif]

Where can you get leg of lamb. That tastes like lamb?