Popeye's WINS!

I agree with the results. [winner.gif]

Discuss.

Def. And by a large margin. Plus Popeye’s goes great with Champagne and Muscadet.

Between those three? I guess so. [scratch.gif]

I’d happily take Church’s in a pinch. Besides, what are the other fried chicken chains?

This one doesn’t count cause it’s mainly in the Bronx & Brooklyn. [snort.gif]

Well the problem is this is limited to national chains and that pretty much limits it to these three operators. Between these three I’d put Popeye’s and Church’s pretty close together. I vacillate back and forth between the two depending on the mood. KFC is so far behind them it isn’t even a competition in my book.

They haven’t made it to the eastern seaboard yet but we have a “local” outfit that has franchised and expanded to around 170 locations nationwide. They are called Chicken Express. I’d said they are more in the vein of Church’s but a much better product. I’d likely place them just ahead of Popeye’s and Church’s for my money. They have 3 locations in Georgia now just east of Athens.

Popeyes has a really bad aftertaste to I plus inferior quality chicken.

Compared to KFC that is.

Never had churches chicken though.

Bojangles!!! That is the only other acceptable answer.

Well, the real answer is Nashville Hot Chicken. I was at Hot Stuff yesterday and had a hot breast quarter.

I would have expected Hardees from you, John.

When I was a kid, we didn’t go to KFC. We went to MFC – Maryland Fried Chicken.

If we’re talking chains, I love me some Lee’s Spicy Chicken.

I’ve found huge quality swings at Popeyes but the good ones are very good as fast food fried chicken goes.

I’m confused, is that fried chicken or Chinese food? [scratch.gif]

Man, I love Popeyes. And I especially love it on Tues, when you can get a drumstick and thigh for $1.29. Too bad they limit you at 5 orders of this awesome Tues special.

Well, it’s chicken but presumably that sign is in a mall that also has a Chinese restaurant.

Mmm…chicken.

Corey, I never really considered Hardee’s a chicken place. Plus, it peaked it in the '80s.

This. Our Popeye’s closed within I’m guessing a year, maybe 18 months at most. It simply was not that good as others in the chain and with Church’s literally diagonal across the street that spelled doom.

We have this place that just does the best Fried chicken I have ever had. Bar none. I was in another part of the city last week and ate at Popeye’s. Not even close.

Popeye’s is the very best of this breed.

Gotta go Korean, lots of them in LA…

From Wikipedia:

Korean fried chicken or seasoned chicken (Korean: 양념 치킨 yangnyeom chicken) is a fried chicken dish prepared in a Korean style. It is consumed as a meal, fast food at bars, or as an after meal snack in Korea. Korean fried chicken differs from typical American fried chicken by being fried twice. This results in the skin being crunchier and less greasy. Furthermore, Korean-style chicken is not characterized by the crags and crusty nubs associated with American fried chicken as described by Julia Moskin of The New York Times as a “thin, crackly and almost transparent”. The chickens are usually seasoned with spices, sugar, and salt, prior to and after being fried. Korean fried chicken restaurants commonly use small or medium sized chicken, in other words, younger chickens resulting in more tender meat. Pickled radishes, beer, and soju are often served with Korean fried chicken.

korean fried chicken is freaking delicious.