New York City Restaurants

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
doug johnson

Re: New York City Restaurants

#2301 Post by doug johnson »

Herwig Janssen wrote: December 10th, 2019, 3:16 pm Next day , for lunch , to Chinatown . The place is called Nom Wah tea parlor. You would never go in without a recommendation , it does not look appealing , more like a hole in a wall . The place is packed , the food delicious . I ate way too much .
Dang, the one time I went to Nom Wah I was wandering around Chinatown looking for something appealing. Only after going in did I learn it was an Instagram darling.

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2302 Post by Robert Dentice »

Posted photos of my three favorite new NYC restaurants of 2019

Omakase Room by Maaser

Bumu

Cagen Sake Bar

And of course one of my all time favorites, Secchu Yokota

ITB - source | material

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2303 Post by Dan Hammer »

Herwig Janssen wrote: December 10th, 2019, 3:16 pm
Next day , for lunch , to Chinatown . The place is called Nom Wah tea parlor. You would never go in without a recommendation , it does not look appealing , more like a hole in a wall . The place is packed , the food delicious . I ate way too much .
The local NYC station here in New York talked about Nom Wah last night. Confucius was a Foodie.
https://confuciuswasafoodie.com/watch/

I wanted to go eat there, but reading this makes me really want to visit.
This space for rent.

Michel Abood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2304 Post by Michel Abood »

Dan Hammer wrote: December 24th, 2019, 10:40 am
Herwig Janssen wrote: December 10th, 2019, 3:16 pm
Next day , for lunch , to Chinatown . The place is called Nom Wah tea parlor. You would never go in without a recommendation , it does not look appealing , more like a hole in a wall . The place is packed , the food delicious . I ate way too much .
The local NYC station here in New York talked about Nom Wah last night. Confucius was a Foodie.
https://confuciuswasafoodie.com/watch/

I wanted to go eat there, but reading this makes me really want to visit.
I haven't been in a while, but last time I was there it was very good.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2305 Post by Joshua Kates »

Every Xmas we stay for a week or two on Bleecker, more or less due south of Washington Sq. Park. It is not my absolute favorite Manhattan neighborhood--it can be kind of NYU-y and touristy--but the proximity to the food of both the east and west village is hard to beat. More specifically, three restaurants we visit every year, and while they are no longer hot, they continue to wow for the consistency and precision of what they put out, as well as the dishes themselves.
The first is Noreetuh. We went there with friends last Sunday, which turned out to be no corkage night--the latter a boon as we were carrying a 1996 J. Prieur P-M Les Combottes, a 1998 Chateau La Croix de Casse Pomerol, and a 2017 Ignios Origenes, a Canary Islands white--all had been sourced from Chambers. (All three were fantastic, especially, however, the Pomerol). The menu here has largely stayed the same, "new Hawaiian" cooking: musubi, a variant of sushi, here with pork jowl, crab, corned beef, or spam; excellent poke; monkfish liver torchon; bread marrow pudding with black truffle; tray of Uni with salts. In addition to those, standouts for us were the truffle wontons and imperial wagyu with chanterelles (though actually hedgehogs).
On Christmas eve, we now regularly visit Il Buco Alimentari for their seven fishes feast. The food at Alimentari seems a little lighter, more ethereal than the sister restaurant, Il Buco, and we prefer the space as well. Along with beautiful Baccala, perfectly fried anchovies, and genuinely king alaska salmon, the standout for us was the pasta course: housemade tagliatelle with divers scallops, sea urchin, and preserved meyer lemon. Not only was the sauce in perfect balance, but the tagliatelle had just the right chew. May well be the best pasta dish I've eaten all year and easily eclipsed anything offered at Via Carota, which we hit the first night we were in town.
Finally, King, on King and 6th Ave, has become an annual destination for us. We dined there last night, and while their appetizers continued to have game--beef tongue with treviso, a lovely verdure antipasto--the main course was the star of the show: monkfish, split down the center and seared in a vinegar sauce topped by speck and greens. The fish was not at all dried out, which is tough to pull off, and the dish worked beautifully as a whole.
More eating (and drinking) to come, but we will be back to all three of these next Winter for sure.
Neils Bohr had a horseshoe over the door to his country house. A visiting student said to him: "you don't believe in that, do you?" Bohr replied, "of course not," and added, "but you don't have to believe in it for it to work."

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2306 Post by Robert Dentice »

Finally made it to Cafe Altro Paradise. We had an excellent meal that straddled the all day menu and the dinner menu.

A well composed fresh Arugula salad, one of the best Cacio E Pepe dishes that I have ever had followed by the whole dorade from the dinner menu.

Given what a huge fan I am of Chef Ignacio Mattos I can't believe it has taken me this long to try it.

Since they have a lot of geeky Italian selections that I am not familiar with we let the somm pick the wines with some very detailed guidance and he did an excellent job.

Can't wait to go back.
ITB - source | material

A Rubin Stein

#2307 Post by A Rubin Stein »

We had a good run recently, over the holidays. Here are some quick reports:

Loring Place - We dined here on Christmas Eve and liked it a lot. It's on Eighth Street in Greenwich Village, a street that I have for decades associated with cheap clothing stores, concert posters and drug paraphernalia. No longer. There are some decent dining options now (I will miss Neta, excellent sushi that had been on 8th Street for years) and the Marlton hotel is a good place to get a cocktail. Loring Place opened to much acclaim in 2016, and it's taken us some time to try it. We enjoyed. It's upscale American comfort food, including home made pizzas, and it's good and satisfying. The staff is young, cool and very pleasant. The wine list was also pretty good, with options like Vajra Barbera at $15/glass. It's quite easy to find lousy restaurants in the Village, and I'm happy that this is a very pleasing restaurant in a sea of mediocrity.

Peter Luger Steak House - As we all know, Pete Wells of the New York Times excoriated Luger’s in late October. Having been many times over the past two or three decades, I agreed with much of that review. Well, guess what? Luger's was excellent this time around. It was completely full on Christmas Day, but the following day, we had a table and my Resy alerts have been beeping daily since then with table availability, so perhaps the NYT review is having some impact on business. Porterhouse for two was excellent. Sides were great. The wine list is still garbage, but we all know that going in and that's not why we are there. I had to laugh when the waiter stuffed all the leftovers - steak, potatoes, etc. into one long bag, all mixed up. We will return.

Atoboy - We dined here when it first opened two or three years ago and I recall leaving hungry. This meal was excellent and very memorable. The steak tartar, in particular, was delicious. Every dish is a mix of flavors and textures, is interesting and compelling. For the quality of the food and the experience, the price is pretty fair. Highly recommended.

P.J. Clarke's - Christmas Day, Lincoln Center location. Eh. I can think of many other burgers in town that are better than this. And the fries were cold. I know that the Third Avenue location has an off-the-menu chopped steak, and should have asked about it. I get a corporate, chain-restaurant vibe. Will stick to J.G. Mellon next time.

Estela - I've written about this restaurant before on this thread, including my last time dining here, the same week that Estela earned its Michelin star. Another excellent meal this time. Steak tartar, burrata in salsa verde, grilled foie gras and grape leaf, and ricotta dumplings are my go-to orders. I am not a fan of most natural wines (sorry, Robert), which are emphasized on the wine list here, but it's still possible to drink well at various price points. This restaurant is a gem and I look forward to returning.

Red Farm - New Year's Day. Another restaurant that has been around for years, yet this was my first time. We really liked the inventive Chinese food, good quality ingredients. Happy that this is in my neighborhood and I will return, but I don't see it as a destination for out-of-town visitors.

Now starts the diet.
a s h e r

scott c
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2308 Post by scott c »

A Rubin Stein wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 11:58 am Atoboy - We dined here when it first opened two or three years ago and I recall leaving hungry. This meal was excellent and very memorable. The steak tartar, in particular, was delicious. Every dish is a mix of flavors and textures, is interesting and compelling. For the quality of the food and the experience, the price is pretty fair. Highly recommended.
We went right before Christmas and had a great meal. We left stuffed, but probably because we ordered extra dishes (in particular, the fried chicken, which was awesome).
c 1 @ f f e e

"By serving the best, never the most, a host compliments both himself and guest, and compensates with additional enjoyment what he wisely limits in number of drinks."
-Julian P. ("Pappy") Van Winkle, Sr.

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2309 Post by Joshua Kates »

With wife and son went to Le Bernadin for lunch. I haven't been to Chef's Table, but best 3 star experience I've had (and I believe over the years I've covered all the other bases--not one to hunt stars per se). Dishes were truly remarkable combination of subtle, exquisite sauces and perfectly (and often barely) cooked and fresh seafood. Striped bass tartare with black truffle reduction was out of this world, for example. Also, while the space is gorgeous and serene, the staff on the whole are quite friendly and welcoming. The one drawback is no outside wine at all--would have gladly paid $90-100 to bring my own bottle. The 2015 Roulot Auxey Duresse@$190 was not a terrible deal, however (about double current price) and it was a lovely drink in itself and especially with the food. (Great with the monkfish in bacon jus!) Definitely recommend for that special occasion.
Neils Bohr had a horseshoe over the door to his country house. A visiting student said to him: "you don't believe in that, do you?" Bohr replied, "of course not," and added, "but you don't have to believe in it for it to work."

Ramon C

#2310 Post by Ramon C »

Cosme for some cool Mexican-themed dishes during New Year's eve. I seriously think it has improved from its already very good status over the years.

Was quoted their standard corkage at $50 per bottle which I think is well worth the efficient, encouraging, and non-patronizing wine services from the sommelier and the wine director, who politely checks up on us, as well. Nice of them to comp the corkage on our 2nd bottle.

https://www.cosmenyc.com/
@brera

jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2311 Post by jason stein »

A Rubin Stein wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 11:58 am
Loring Place - We dined here on Christmas Eve and liked it a lot. It's on Eighth Street in Greenwich Village, a street that I have for decades associated with cheap clothing stores, concert posters and drug paraphernalia. No longer. There are some decent dining options now (I will miss Neta, excellent sushi that had been on 8th Street for years) and the Marlton hotel is a good place to get a cocktail. Loring Place opened to much acclaim in 2016, and it's taken us some time to try it. We enjoyed. It's upscale American comfort food, including home made pizzas, and it's good and satisfying. The staff is young, cool and very pleasant. The wine list was also pretty good, with options like Vajra Barbera at $15/glass. It's quite easy to find lousy restaurants in the Village, and I'm happy that this is a very pleasing restaurant in a sea of mediocrity.

Loring Place is a favorite of ours -- on a recent visit Fourrier Gevrey VV went fabulously with grandma pizza and calzone!
instagram: @jtswine

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2312 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

Any recommend places that focus on sashimi over sushi? Need to get my A1C down.

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2313 Post by Robert Dentice »

Barry L i p t o n wrote: January 10th, 2020, 1:52 pm Any recommend places that focus on sashimi over sushi? Need to get my A1C down.
Cagen Sake Bar has a very nice Sashimi selection. As well as lots of other non sushi options i I would highly recommend it.
ITB - source | material

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2314 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

Did Cagen change it’s format? On line it says chef Nadeshiko sushi omakase for $95 and on Resy.

I was blown away by the back room sushi but not doing sushi this time.

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2315 Post by Robert Dentice »

Barry L i p t o n wrote: January 12th, 2020, 7:35 am Did Cagen change it’s format? On line it says chef Nadeshiko sushi omakase for $95 and on Resy.

It is confusing. The front room has multiple different formats. They have a number of sashimi specials and lots of non sushi dishes. You could easily have a wonderful non-sushi meal. You might want to call them and tell them what you are looking for. Ask for Rai and feel free to mention my name.
ITB - source | material

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2316 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

Thanks!! Excited to go.

Tomita was awesome, so thanks as well for that recommendation. Enjoyed it more than lunch at Sushi Ginda Onodera by a wide margin (not much price difference).
Last edited by Barry L i p t o n on January 12th, 2020, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike c

#2317 Post by mike c »

Barry L i p t o n wrote: January 12th, 2020, 7:35 am Did Cagen change it’s format? On line it says chef Nadeshiko sushi omakase for $95 and on Resy.

I believe for awhile there was a sushi bar separate from a sake / kaiseki concept. It appears that they are now running two separate sushi bars. The one with the head guy (185pp) is on resy under "tomita". the other is under "cagen".
( |-| 0

Steve L Gellman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2318 Post by Steve L Gellman »

Ramon C wrote: January 4th, 2020, 8:36 am Cosme for some cool Mexican-themed dishes during New Year's eve. I seriously think it has improved from its already very good status over the years.

Was quoted their standard corkage at $50 per bottle which I think is well worth the efficient, encouraging, and non-patronizing wine services from the sommelier and the wine director, who politely checks up on us, as well. Nice of them to comp the corkage on our 2nd bottle.

I love Mexican food! What wines did you bring? I’m never sure and just go with margaritas (Casa Noble Tequilla, reposado)

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2319 Post by Robert Dentice »

mike c wrote: January 12th, 2020, 3:26 pm

I believe for awhile there was a sushi bar separate from a sake / kaiseki concept. It appears that they are now running two separate sushi bars. The one with the head guy (185pp) is on resy under "tomita". the other is under "cagen".
Yes but you can have a great non sushi meal in front. I have been there 2x in the last 10 days.
ITB - source | material

Ramon C

#2320 Post by Ramon C »

Steve L Gellman wrote: January 12th, 2020, 3:41 pm
Ramon C wrote: January 4th, 2020, 8:36 am Cosme for some cool Mexican-themed dishes during New Year's eve. I seriously think it has improved from its already very good status over the years.

I love Mexican food! What wines did you bring? I’m never sure and just go with margaritas (Casa Noble Tequilla, reposado)
Yeah, wines with Mexican foods have been very tough to pair for me. Usually just ordered mezcal and beers.

This is the first that I brought wines at Cosme and my 1990 Bernard Badoz Vin Jaune (Arbois) and 1983 Domaine Courcel Les Rugiens Pommard were well taken cared of by the staff and went very well with ordered foods by my wife and I.
@brera

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2321 Post by Robert Dentice »

Ramon C wrote: January 12th, 2020, 5:37 pm
Steve L Gellman wrote: January 12th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Yeah, wines with Mexican foods have been very tough to pair for me. Usually just ordered mezcal and beers.

This is the first that I brought wines at Cosme and my 1990 Bernard Badoz Vin Jaune (Arbois) and 1983 Domaine Courcel Les Rugiens Pommard were well taken cared of by the staff and went very well with ordered foods by my wife and I.
I have found Riesling works extremely well. Feinherb or dry with high acid. Older Kabinetts.
ITB - source | material

Steve L Gellman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2322 Post by Steve L Gellman »

Think I’ll just stick with Tequila 😀

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2323 Post by Robert Dentice »

Wow! Just WOW! I went to Jua for opening night and absolutely loved it! This is Chef Hoyoung Kims formerly of 2 Michelin star Jungsik They have a large wood burning oven and intend to infuse a smokey element into every dish, some more than others. I thought it worked extremely well and all of the flavors were perfectly balanced. The most exciting dishes were the Caviar to start and for me the Charcoal infused Ice Cream to finish. I thought it was gutsy move to serve a potato and butter on a plate as a dish. The Yellowtail dish was a perfect melange of flavors. The Jjajangmyeon (a riff on a Chinese noodle dish) with truffle supplement worked well and the truffles were work the supplemental charge. The skin on the Korean flounder made it one of the most delicious pieces of fish I have had in a long time. The dry aged duck with a small amount of smoke was perfectly cut and an appropriate portion size. The Galbi was good but my least favorite of all of the dishes. Not the biggest fan of Pear but the dish won me over. And as I mentioned above the Charcoal Infused Ice Cream was mindblowing! This meal was a steal for $95 and they are currently BYOB until they get their liquor license. Interesting that the price point and amount of food is squarely in the middle of Atoboy and Atomix and in the same neighborhood. They are friends so this makes sense.

I have already made a reservation to go back!

ITB - source | material

DLepek

#2324 Post by DLepek »

Robert Dentice wrote: January 25th, 2020, 5:06 am This meal was a steal for $95 and they are currently BYOB until they get their liquor license.
Hopefully will get here before BYOB ends. Thinking of bringing an Austrian riesling or gruner. Thoughts based on menu?
D a n i e l

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2325 Post by Robert Dentice »

DLepek wrote: January 25th, 2020, 10:13 am
Robert Dentice wrote: January 25th, 2020, 5:06 am This meal was a steal for $95 and they are currently BYOB until they get their liquor license.
Hopefully will get here before BYOB ends. Thinking of bringing an Austrian riesling or gruner. Thoughts based on menu?
It is a hard menu to pick one wine. I don't think Gruner would work. Austrian Riesling with a little age would work for most.
ITB - source | material

DLepek

#2326 Post by DLepek »

Robert Dentice wrote: January 25th, 2020, 11:35 am

It is a hard menu to pick one wine. I don't think Gruner would work. Austrian Riesling with a little age would work for most.
Thanks so much for your insights! Based on your pics of the non-fish dishes, I'm leaning towards a Lapierre morgon (unless I'm crazy). Also, what filter do you use for IG?

Thanks again!
D a n i e l

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2327 Post by Robert Dentice »

DLepek wrote: January 25th, 2020, 2:30 pm
Robert Dentice wrote: January 25th, 2020, 11:35 am

Thanks so much for your insights! Based on your pics of the non-fish dishes, I'm leaning towards a Lapierre morgon (unless I'm crazy). Also, what filter do you use for IG?

Thanks again!
I think Gamay could work well with most of the menu.
ITB - source | material

Herwig Janssen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2328 Post by Herwig Janssen »

I would like to organise a dinner for my son’s PhD on May 1 in Manhattan . We expect approx 30 people . Any recommendations for a good restaurant with a private place ? Thank you

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2329 Post by Robert Dentice »

Herwig Janssen wrote: February 4th, 2020, 6:22 am I would like to organise a dinner for my son’s PhD on May 1 in Manhattan . We expect approx 30 people . Any recommendations for a good restaurant with a private place ? Thank you
I have recently organized a few work dinners and have some suggestions.

The Modern has nice private dining options and a reasonable priced wine list. The dinner went off great but the organizers were a tad difficult to work with.

Other options:

Daniel

Legacy Records - excellent wine options and reasonably priced

Vaclause

Le Bernardin - has a large private space

Eleven Madison

Let us know if you have a price point, type of place or cuisine.
Last edited by Robert Dentice on February 4th, 2020, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ITB - source | material

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2330 Post by mark rudner »

maiailino can do 24 people
lupa can do 30
what can i say, i like roman food!

scott c
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2331 Post by scott c »

The Legacy Records/Charlie Bird/Pasquale Jones group of restaurants won't let you bring all of your own wine, if that's what you're envisioning. Danny Meyer's places are much more flexible.
c 1 @ f f e e

"By serving the best, never the most, a host compliments both himself and guest, and compensates with additional enjoyment what he wisely limits in number of drinks."

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2332 Post by Jay Miller »

Herwig Janssen wrote: February 4th, 2020, 6:22 am I would like to organise a dinner for my son’s PhD on May 1 in Manhattan . We expect approx 30 people . Any recommendations for a good restaurant with a private place ? Thank you
If you're less concerned with great food and would like an impressive space you might consider Manhatta. Awesome views of the city and the food is good enough (just don't order the reuben).
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2333 Post by Robert Dentice »

scott c wrote: February 4th, 2020, 12:34 pm The Legacy Records/Charlie Bird/Pasquale Jones group of restaurants won't let you bring all of your own wine, if that's what you're envisioning. Danny Meyer's places are much more flexible.
They have a corkage policy and I have sure seen an awful lot of wine dinners there. Do you know this for sure? Just curious.
ITB - source | material

R@y.Tupp@+sch

#2334 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch »

Robert Dentice wrote: February 4th, 2020, 12:59 pm
scott c wrote: February 4th, 2020, 12:34 pm The Legacy Records/Charlie Bird/Pasquale Jones group of restaurants won't let you bring all of your own wine, if that's what you're envisioning. Danny Meyer's places are much more flexible.
They have a corkage policy and I have sure seen an awful lot of wine dinners there. Do you know this for sure? Just curious.
Like most restaurants, it depends on your personal relationship with them.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2335 Post by Robert Dentice »

R@y.Tupp@+sch wrote: February 4th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Yes as you could imagine I know : ) I was just curious if this is a stated policy.
ITB - source | material

R@y.Tupp@+sch

#2336 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch »

I believe their stated policy limits corkage to two bottles. But not 100% sure.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2337 Post by Ethan Abraham »

R@y.Tupp@+sch wrote: February 4th, 2020, 1:03 pm
My favorite recent example of this is I sent a message on IG to a restaurant and to the somm directly asking about doing a byo dinner...restaurant says "no corkage" allowed...somm was happy to quote me a number. (and I have zero relationship with the somm!).

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2338 Post by Greg K »

Jay Miller wrote: February 4th, 2020, 12:53 pm
If you're less concerned with great food and would like an impressive space you might consider Manhatta. Awesome views of the city and the food is good enough (just don't order the reuben).
Someone mentioned Maialino already - I've done a dinner in the private room and they had no issue with me supplying the wine.
Greg Kahn

scott c
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2339 Post by scott c »

R@y.Tupp@+sch wrote: February 4th, 2020, 1:13 pm I believe their stated policy limits corkage to two bottles. But not 100% sure.
Yes, it's two bottles per table max, no matter how big the table is. Super annoying. Have seen this policy applied even to a big lunch group that included wine industry folks.

With that said, they do have different rules in their private dining rooms. There, you can bring as many bottles as you want, but they will charge you $50 per bottle with no max (so, if you bring a case of wine you pay a $600 corkage fee).

I suppose it's possible to have a relationship with them where they might relax these rules, but I was connected to one of the DHG partners directly by a close mutual friend and they were completely unwilling to budge.
c 1 @ f f e e

Peter Kleban
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2340 Post by Peter Kleban »

We were at Marea on Jan. 26 as part of a party of eight. Sorry to say, as others have reported here, it was not up to what it's been (we were there about a year ago and that meal was much better). A little more specifically, one appetizer was excellent (I don't recall the name, but it was similar to the Canestrelli which is on the menu now). The fusilli, however, were disappointing, a bit sad and tired, nothing like what they were a year ago. The main was branzino, very good but nothing to write home about. Wines we chose ('15 Produttori Barbaresco, a Tempier Bandol white, and a '17 Negri Ca' Brione Terrazze Retiche di Sondrio were all very good or better).

ed: changed "Marna" (a child of spell check) to Marea, which is where we were. Thanks to the eagle-eyed Jay M!
Last edited by Peter Kleban on February 12th, 2020, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Wood:
"Peter..your well-reasoned words were a waste of time."
WsOTY:
Bêcheur Chard Anderson Vy '18
Felettig Morey St. Denis VV '14
Felettig Chamb-Mus VV '14
Pépière Muscadet Briords '09
Volpaia Chianti Class '18
Lignier Morey St Denis 1er Ormes '14
Collestefano Verdicchio di M '19
Pépière Muscadet Briords '19
Bêcheur PN '14
Virage '07

Zachary Ross

#2341 Post by Zachary Ross »

I'm going to Jua tomorrow with my wife (thanks for the tip, Robert). Anyone know if it is still BYO?
Iroulégeek.

Zachary Ross

#2342 Post by Zachary Ross »

Well, no more BYO at Jua - and corkage is $50 per bottle, and a two-bottle maximum.
Iroulégeek.

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2343 Post by Robert Dentice »

Zachary Ross wrote: February 12th, 2020, 7:26 am Well, no more BYO at Jua - and corkage is $50 per bottle, and a two-bottle maximum.
I am cool with that given that I think it is a steal at $95.
ITB - source | material

Zachary Ross

#2344 Post by Zachary Ross »

Me too. Tonight we'll just order off the list - a glass or two.
Iroulégeek.

Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2345 Post by Ethan Abraham »

Is there a list online? I love all these restaurants with no menus, wine lists, or any other information you might want to know beforehand....

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2346 Post by Bdklein »

Zachary Ross wrote: February 12th, 2020, 7:26 am Well, no more BYO at Jua - and corkage is $50 per bottle, and a two-bottle maximum.
???? No more BYO but corkage is $50 per bottle ?
Bruce Klein

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2347 Post by Tom G l a s g o w »

Bdklein wrote: February 12th, 2020, 5:49 pm
BYO w/o corkage before they got a liquor license.

Juliec

#2348 Post by Juliec »

If you all rush, kochi is byob. Probably until next week sometime.
hong

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2349 Post by Bdklein »

Tom G l a s g o w wrote: February 12th, 2020, 6:53 pm
[/quote
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2350 Post by Bdklein »

Tom G l a s g o w wrote: February 12th, 2020, 6:53 pm
Gotcha , thx, kind of a duh when I think I about it .
Bruce Klein

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”