Mustard -- which one is the best?

mustard freaks, unite!! just like Coke is the world’s greatest soft drink, we all know mustard is the world’s greatest condiment! of course, this begs the question, Which one is best? I’ll start, but reserve the right to change my mind at a later point in time:

just this past weekend i picked up this one, but haven’t tried it yet:

By saying ‘Coke is the best soft drink’, you lost me…I don’t even know what the rest of your post is about.

i thought for sure I’d get a a big fat one of these out of you

I have 8 mustard’s in the cupboard, but I seem to always go to this one:

Anyone recall the thread on the other board with the French mustard? The discussion there alone made it one of their most viewed (purchased?) products.

Maille Old Style, the best Franc…uh, Canada has to offer…

French one for sure - Dijon Mustard, I prefer the regular one (can’t stand the “old style” with the grains), as strong as possible. Maille is a good brand, Amora Extra Forte is really good too for mass-produced stuff. Then move on to Fallot for my favorite.

This place is called the Mustard Museum in Mt. Horeb Wisconsin= mecca!

http://www.mustardweb.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have it all.

Colonel Mustard

Good choice. The Colonel knows his way around the Kitchen.

Fallot. (Argument over…and Coke is the greatest)

This is the tarragon version (my favorite “flavored” Fallot mustard)

ok … that’s already 2 votes for Fallot … I’ve got to get me some of that!

It is really great…can be powerful…so watch out with the amount that you use…but its damn good.

Duly noted. Thank you, kind sir.

Will it ream out my sinuses and take the enamel off my teeth?

Fallot is not very very strong, but it’s flavorful and that’s why I like it so much.

Tolerance levels are very personal. I’m very sensitive to peppers, for example, but I can probably heat quantities of Dijon mustard that would make grown men cry… of course I used it as a spread on my toast as a kid. It all depends.

Its not that bad…but its similar to wasabi…if you get a nice shot of it…it can grab you.

I have been using the Maille Dijon without the seeds. But clearly some good recos here to switch up my Dijon!

Depending on its actual use, we use any of Maille smooth Dijon, Maille seeded Dijon, & Inglehoffer horseradish seeded mustard. I prefer the seeded ones in salad dressings, and either smooth or seeded on sandwiches.

Silver Springs Beer n Brat or Coleman’s

Maille ‘Moutarde fins gourmets’

Impossible to find in the U.S., impossible to live without. We mule it back from France.