DV8 Cellars - second time around

Since Todd is letting the 2nd timers to introduce themselves again as newbies, I thought I’d take advantage of the opportunity, and so here’s the story of DV8 Cellars…

DV8 Cellars is a boutique winery started in 2011 by Marc & Dominique Simon. Our wines are handcrafted with the help of our consulting winemaker Curt Schalchlin of Sans Liege. Our goal was to produce ultra-premium wines in a style reminiscent of the wine from the Rhone Valley of France mixed with the new world, big bold Rhone varietals from California’s Central Coast. In the fall of 2013 we released our first wines, our 2011 reds and 2012 whites. The current release is the 2013 reds and 2014 whites.

We fell in love with wine long ago while traveling in Europe to see the Formula One car races. When we returned home, we were all about wine, we went wine tasting every weekend, went to every food and wine festival then took classes to learn more about wine and got our CSW certification, we then decided to take the next step and start a small winery. And while we are still very small, we now have a tasting room in the Funk Zone of Santa Barbara and continue to grow our production ever so slightly each year.
Our wine labels were inspired by our love for Formula One car racing.

Most of our labels have a different racing theme with a painting of a vintage 1960’s or 1970’s Formula One race scene and each wine is named after something to do with car racing, either a racing term, a place, a corner etc…

And for your rock-n-roll fans, Marc was in a band called WildSide signed to Capitol Records in the 90’s. They released their debut album Under the Influence (isn’t that fitting) in 1992. WildSide toured North America extensively in the early to mid 90’s and after a couple albums, decided to call it quits. WildSide released a CD in 2004 called The Wasted Years that had old demo tracks, some previously unreleased tracks and a couple live tracks. Marc had retired from playing to focus on wine but couldn’t resist the offers to “get the band back together” and is now playing random shows across the US with WildSide in his spare time…

Please look for our Berzerker Day offer coming up and come visit us if you are in the Santa Barbara area.

Cheers!

I missed you guys last year. What varieties do you play with? What’s your general style?

Rhone you would love them Kyle… Good people too!

Just what I need – another winery on my radar!

+10000

Thank you Scott and Bruce for the kind words!

And yes Kyle, we did only Rhones until 2015 when we added John Sebastiano Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir… However, that will have to wait until next years Berzerker offer as it’s not bottled yet…