Stoneking Auction Lot 11 - Hammell Wine Alliance - CLOSED

Longtime community members Mike and Dana Stoneking lost their home in the recent fires. Our community is banding together to raise some money for them as they work through this disaster.
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

Stoneking Auction Lot 11 - Hammell Wine Alliance - CLOSED

#1 Post by Brian Tuite » December 8th, 2017, 8:07 am

Lot 11 was donated by Berserker Steve Anderson and consists of a magnum of Hammell Wine Allance Grenache.

1 - 2011 Hammell Wine Alliance "True Believer" (1.5 L) This bottle was designated for Charles Banks (Written on side ‘True Believer Charles Banks / TB#6’)

Bidding will close on Thursday December 14th @ 12:01 am PST.
Last edited by Brian Tuite on December 14th, 2017, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

Stoneking Auction Lot 11 - Hammell Wine Alliance

#2 Post by J a y H a c k » December 8th, 2017, 8:33 am

$100. We were at the dinner with Loren in Cleveland when he tasted the bottle he wrote a note about on Cellartracker. My wife turned to me during the dinner and said "Have you tried this yet, it's fantastic."
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

Steve Anderson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Steve Anderson » December 9th, 2017, 11:47 am

Here's a shot of the bottle annotation

Provenance: Purchased at retail from Benchmark Wine in Napa about 18 months ago and in my offsite locker since that time.

Benchmark Wine Group is excited to release yet another incredible parcel of The California Cellar. Due to the success of the first few releases of the California Cellar, the consignor decided to release another parcel of wonder wines from Burgundy, Italy, and more.

The entirety of this collection is single-owner, purchased from local retailers and wineries with the intent to enjoy with friends and family while in residence on the West Coast. The temperature and humidity controlled cellar was constructed with utility in mind, monopolizing the lowest level of the Collector’s home and making use of custom racking designed for storage density and access. All wines are in stock and ready to ship!

There were bottles of Qupe and Mulderbosch in the offering as well, so more confirmation it was most likely from the Charles Banks cellar.
Delectable: Steve Anderson IG: steveandmisuk

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by mark rudner » December 9th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Ron F r e e d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Ron F r e e d » December 13th, 2017, 6:44 am

$225