Congruence 2014 - 2 "pet" projects - BDIX - Open through 1/31 or until exhausted

I will be offering a six-pack consisting of 3 bottles each of my 2014 Cabernet Sauvignons from Six Acre Vineyard in Oakville - Ginger’s Cuvee and Rusty’s Cuvee. The wines are named after our first two family dogs (now deceased) and are a very interesting, I think, pair. They are two blends that are nearly identical. Both have 95% cabernet sauvignon and .5% petit verdot in them. Ginger’s Cuvee has 2.5% malbec and 2% cabernet franc; Rusty’s Cuvee has 2% malbec and 2.5% cabernet franc. Yes, the variations got that fine. I had a really hard time deciding between the two blends, so I bottled both.

I’ve sort of tortured my mailing list customers for years with detailed reports on blending sessions and their results. I did this partly because I always found the sessions so interesting, partly because I wanted to give my customers a picture of the wine-making process that was different than what they usually receive and mostly because I thought they would find it interesting, too. A question I would typically get is “how much of a difference can a slight change in the blend make?”

The answer is in these two blends. So far, everyone who has tasted the two wines has been able to discern the difference between them - which may seem remarkable given the very slight variation between the malbec and cab franc components. Preferences between the two have been equally split. Both results in tastings make me happy and confirm that it was a worthy experiment. I believe it will be a lot of fun both now and over time to see and follow the differences between the two.

In terms of the vintage, I think the 2014s are most similar to my 2010s and would rank them just a quarter-step below the 2010s at the top of a “best vintages of Congruence” listing.

Price of the six-pack is $210, plus tax and shipping. $10 off per bottle. 40 six packs available; limit of 4 per customer. I won’t be available until noonish EST for questions as I’ll be

States to which I can ship directly: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. If you don’t see your state in those listed, contact me. I have a list of states for which an alternative is workable.

Finally, and importantly, here is the link for the six-pack:

https://congruence.securewinemerchant.com/bundle/berserkers-6-pack

Thanks for all the support over the years. I won’t be available for questions until noonish EST as I’ll be out of town with my son on the 26th and returning on the 27th.

Happy to say my son and I woke up at about 5:30 this morning and made the drive from State College, PA (where we watched Penn State schmoosh Minnesota in college wrestling to make it home by 9:00am EST. So I’ll be in the saddle from the start today. champagne.gif

Link is operational. Have at it! And thanks for all the support over the years! [cheers.gif]

http://congruence.securewinemerchant.com/bundle/berserkers-6-pack

Order in. Thank you. We love your wines.

Thank you! I think this pair is going to provide a lot of fun.

I said it above, but in case it doesn’t pop out - I have set the offer up so that the maximum number of offers per customer is 4, so a person could order up to a case of both wines if they so desire.

Didn’t know you were a Penn State wrestling fan, Steve. They have a great stretch ahead of them. I’m tempted to drive down for either Iowa or Ohio State.

In any case, nice offer today. Hope it gets a great response!

Thanks, Andrew. I’ve been a fan for over 45 years and have been a season ticket holder for about 15 years. It’s “only” a 3 hour drive for me each way now - it used to be almost 4 - but it’s worth it. There are usually tickets outside the venue before the match - but Rec Hall is sold out except standing room to season ticket holders and Iowa sold out before the tickets even went on public sale!

The site is kind of slow today (at least for me). Best way to inquire, etc. is to send an email to “steve@congruencewines.com”. That will be a lot quicker.

That’s awesome. I’m only 45 to begin with, so you’ve got me beat there. But I grew up in State College and have gone to meets with my dad (who still lives there) since I was probably 9 or 10. He’s a PSU grad and has attended meets since the late ‘60s.

Both those matches are going to be great. Ohio State because it’s the match of the year in college wrestling and Iowa because matches at Bryce Jordan are really fun (and Iowa is going to get SPANKED).

I’ll leave this up until 1/31 and then I will be in the last phase of the winding-down of this version of Congruence Wines. All activity will cease on 2/28. Thanks for all the support over the years. [cheers.gif]

Would you say that this is better than the '09 Congruence Cab that I think is my favorite Cab in my cellar?

Rick - You may not like it more but I do. The two wines are in different places today. I think the 09 is hitting its prime drinking window. The 2014s are young and will hit theirs in probably 5-6 years but are approachable now - no rough tannins.

I love ‘rough tannins’ … but I think I will have to pop one upon delivery just to try it! I will cellar the others for 5 years.

You must pop two. I believe that it will be a lot of fun to pop the two side-by-side blind.