Patricia Green Cellars Berserker Day Offerings

We are offering three different packages this year. One of them NOT Pinot Noir!!

Soil Series Pinot Noir 2-Pack

I thought folks who have not tried our wines might be interested in the Soil Series wines that are the root of all our other wines given that every vineyard we own, lease or purchase fruit from is planted in one of these two general soil types. These 2 wines come from 7 of the 9 vineyards we sourced fruit from in 2015 and show the nature of all our wines that come from the respective soil types. An interesting way to get a handle on our wines in just two bottlings.

1 x 750 ML bottles each of the following two wines:

2015 Marine Sedimentary Pinot Noir: Sourced from our Estate Vineyard, Olenik Vineyard and Lia’s Vineyard. Recently reviewed on Vinous.com and given a 93. “Deep red. Powerful, spice-accented red berry preserve and floral pastille scents show excellent clarity and pick up suggestions of smoky minerals and cola with air. Sweet and penetrating on the palate, offering juicy raspberry and cherry cola flavors that show appealing spiciness and a hint of candied rose. This concentrated yet lithe Pinot finishes with powerful thrust and silky, slow-building tannins.”

2015 Volcanic Pinot Noir: Sourced from Dundee Hill based vineyards Balcombe, Durant, Weber and “Mysterious.” Recently reviewed on Vinous.com and given a 93. “Expressive red and dark berry aromas are complicated by suggestions of smoky minerals, incense and candied flowers. Juicy, concentrated and supple in texture, offering sweet black raspberry, cherry cola and lavender flavors and a zesty jolt of peppery spices. The long, seamless finish features resonating florality and supple tannins that fold steadily into the clinging, sappy fruit.”

These normally retail at $42 each. For Berserker Day we are offering the 2-pack at $72 all inclusive (no additional shipping charge as long as it is not beyond UPS or FedEx ground).

2016 White Wine Sample Pack

We make a little bit of white wine. Figured there were plenty of people here who have tried our Pinots and might want to dabble in the white side of the winery. I wasn’t allowed to include the 2016 Chardonnay as we really have not released it yet.

2016 Dry Muscat Ottonel, Oak Grove Vineyard: Be the proud owner of what is certainly one of the rare vineyard designated Dry Muscat Ottonels made, well, probably anywhere in the world. It is from vines planted in 1982 so it’s legit stuff. 10.7% alcohol makes it light on the palate while the older vines (and a little bit of Acacia wood aging) provides enough weight to make it interesting. Smells amazing. Fondly referred to at the winery as Breakfast Wine and Cucumber Water Wine.

2016 Sauvignon Blanc, Willamette Valley: Sourced from three different vineyards and aged entirely in stainless steel tanks. Bright, focused, slight palate heft to it but tons of acidity makes that feel like a good thing and not like a ponderous thing. Definite varietal character without being grassy or feral. Really quite delicious and easy going.

2016 Sauvignon Blanc, Estate Vineyard: Sourced entirely from what might be the oldest Sauvignon Blanc vines left in the Willamette Valley (planted in 1990). This is only the second vintage of this particular bottling. Much deeper than the Willamette bottling and distinctly mineraly as well as having very interesting fruit. Aged partially in new and used Acacia wood puncheons. From John Gilman’s A View From the Cellar, “While pinot noir certainly takes pride of place in the cellars at Patricia Green, the winery also produces two distinct bottlings of sauvignon blanc, with their estate vineyard bottling of this varietal one of the best American sauvignon blancs I have tasted outside of the purview of Terry and Frances Leighton at Kalin Cellars. 93”

These wines retail at $18, $24 and $29 respectively. We are offering the 3-pack $55 all inclusive.

Dijon 115 Clone Pinot Noir Six-Pack

Maybe for those here who like the wines and want a terrific deal on two very cool Pinots from the same clone with tremendous personality differences.

2015 Durant Vineyard, Madrone Block Pinot Noir: 100% Dijon 115 from a 20-ish year old block. If we have a single vineyard Pinot Noir that is a crowd pleaser it is this one. Red, supple Dundee Hill fruit all day long. Recently reviewed on Vinous.com and given a 92. “A deeply perfumed bouquet suggests ripe dark berries, cola, licorice and potpourri, and a floral nuance emerges with air. Plush boysenberry and cherry liqueur flavors tighten up slowly and become spicier with air. Shows real power and lingering dark fruit character on the persistent finish, which is framed by chewy, slow-mounting tannins.”

2015 Freedom Hill Vineyard, Dijon 115 Clone Pinot Noir: This is one of my favorite wines year in and year out. 50-100% whole cluster fermentation and under 20% new barrel. Seriously age-worthy. Recently reviewed on Vinous.com and given a 94. “A highly perfumed bouquet evokes an array of red fruit and floral scents, along with exotic spice and smoky mineral notes. Silky, concentrated and precise on the palate, offering intense raspberry, rose pastille and spicecake flavors that deepen steadily with air. There’s an impressive blend of depth and tension here. Finishes extremely long and pure, featuring echoing red fruit and floral character and smooth tannins that come in late. If the Freedom Hill Pommard Clone bottling could pass for a New World Richebourg, then this wine shares the traits of Romanée-Saint-Vivant.”

These wines sell for $42 and $48 respectively. Full retail on this six pack would be $270. We are offering it for $195 shipping included. That is about 30% off and no shipping on two awesome wines.

Ordering

As many of you will and have experienced in the past, these wines will be shipped when weather permits. We are constantly monitoring weather across the Country and will only ship when temperatures are safe, not to compromise the quality of your wine. Basically if you live outside Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada and Arizona you are likely going to have to wait a bit for shipping. Other arrangements for shipping beyond ground delivery may require an additional fee. Please contact us if you need the wine to arrive by a certain date and we can provide you with a shipping upgrade quote.

To order please go to our website at www.patriciagreencellars.com click on “Buy Our Wine”. Once that page opens click on “Berserker Packages”. For ordering help please call the winery at (503) 554-0821 or email Margaret Barry at Margaret@patriciagreencellars.com. For further information on wine descriptions or production questions, contact me (Jim Anderson) directly at jim@patriciagreencellars.com.

I don’t see the Berserker Day Packages after the Buy Our Wines link.

Sorry, went live a few minutes ago.

Looks like the links up now, thanks!

Is the white sample pack gone - no purchase option

They all should be up. I think we had a technical glitch with our POS provider (both a POS and a POS at the same time). Should all be fine. Any issues please email one of the addresses listed and we will take care of you right away.

How can one skip an offer from the maker of the Berserker Cuvee and other fine Pinots … [cheers.gif]

I loved the 6 pack last year. In for another. Woohoo!

In for the soil sampler! Wish I could have gotten more…

Resolved, thanks Jim.

Margret is a valuable asset in your operation.

She’s the best.

[cheers.gif] Purchased-- See you in Cincinnati Jim!

Dijon 115 Clone 6 pack is too good to ignore…Great offer! [thumbs-up.gif]

Thanks for the attractive offers Jim. I am in for the 6-pack, and looking forward to finally trying your wines.

Will be fun to compare the two Dijon clone wines side by side.
I liked last years 2014 half-bottle deal. Have only a couple left.
Thanks Jim.

Pulled the trigger on the Dijon sixer!

Thanks for getting in on this! Great couple of days.

Fantastic Pinots!

Order for a 6 pack in.

Now, about the next Berserker Cuvee?? When can I expect to order my case?

There are maybe 10 cases of the 14 Cuvée left. Probably the last one. Don’t want it to seem obligatory.

I should mention we have sold about half of the Dijon 115 packs. We had about 60 to start with.

Thanks for the offers. Minus 2 more of the Dijon 115 packs. I would be interested in a case of the 2014 Cuvee.

James

Should be able to do it on the site. If not just email Margaret as instructed up top.