Rare treasures from WineSmith's personal library

jhCdg3-zdbg

Clark Smith is offering limited retrospective tastings from his personal library for Advance Purchase on BerserkerDay Eve.

Share the experience and the cost with your worthy wine geek friends. [cheers.gif]

We ship to: AL AK AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS LA ME MD MA MI MN MO MT
NE NH NV NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX VT VA WA WV WI WY

[**[u]WineSmith “Crucible” Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Vertical 4 pack[/u]**](http://www.winesmithwines.com/buy-online) SRP $2,275.00 - offered @ $1,399.99

Price is firm and includes shipping and insurance.

The Crucible series is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
(principally Clone 337 with a little Clone 15)
grown in the cool southern end of Napa Valley.

Vertical Crucible pic.png
6 sets available:
(1) WineSmith 1999 Crucible
(1) WineSmith 2004 Crucible
(1) WineSmith 2005 Crucible
(1) WineSmith 2007 Crucible

Winemaker Clark Smith discusses the Crucible Project:

4PHNTWLvwpU

Tech sheets, accolades and awards. (We recommend you open this a new window so you don’t lose this page.)

“The true revelation is the 2005 Crucible. This afternoon, we uncorked the nearly-full bottle you had poured from on
Friday, and actually I am totally stunned and nearly speechless in awe of this wine. It is certainly among the very best
California Cabernet Sauvignons I have ever tasted! It is a tremendous accomplishment–congratulations! The
closest comparison I can conjure is that it reminds me of a tasting of a flight of all of the 2005 first growth
Bordeaux that I participated in a few years ago. With those wines, you felt like getting down on one knee and bowing your head in
reverence and I’m getting the same sense with this one.”

• Dr. Stephen Krebs, Napa Valley College Dean of Viticulture and Winery Technology

[**[u]WineSmith “Faux Chablis” Napa Valley Chardonnay

Vertical 6-pack[/u]**](http://www.winesmithwines.com/buy-online) SRP $460.00 - offered @ $265.00 Price is firm and includes shipping and insurance.

The Faux Chablis series is 100% Chardonnay
(Haynes Clone from Domaine Chandon planted in 1973)
grown at the Student Vineyard at Napa Valley College
in the cool southern end of Napa Valley.

Faux Chablis Vertical Six-Pack.png
10 sets on offer:
(1) WineSmith 2001 Faux Chablis
(1) WineSmith 2002 Faux Chablis
(1) WineSmith 2003 Faux Chablis
(1) WineSmith 2004 Faux Chablis
(1) WineSmith 2005 Faux Chablis
(1) WineSmith 2006 Faux Chablis

Here is Clark’s discussion of the Faux Chablis project and the 2004 vintage in particular:

dRwtTTIG6tg

Tech sheets, accolades and awards. (We recommend you open this a new window so you don’t lose this page.)

“The Faux Chablis wines are really hanging
in there in a most-interesting way and that is a great story in itself. We polished off the remainder of the 2002 on
Saturday. It was lemony and complex and refreshing, all at once.”

The Roman Reserve Syrahs are from Rennaissance Vineyard in the North Yuba in the Sierras. The wines contain no detectable sulfites and possess remarkable longevity.

3 magnums on offer (1 per customer).

"It’s a really thought-provoking wine. There’s some aromatic purity and elegance, with sweet dark fruits that have a brooding depth to them. The palate is very unusual and interesting. It’s expressive and angular, with firm tannins and a meaty, spicy sort of rasp. These jostle with some funkier, herby, tobbacoey sort of elements. It finishes savoury and spicy. It’s a wine that seems to show you one thing and then another. It’s not a wine for everyone: some will find these bold, savoury flavours just a little too dangerous. But I like it a good deal. "

These offers are now live on our store. Sorry for our earlier dysfunction.

Clark

For those of you unfamiliar with my style and philosophy, you might enjoy the Special Wine Guest Forum discussion in 2014 on a wide variety of geeky and contraversial topics.

In particular, here’s aninteresting exchange between Tom Hill and me.