Greyscale Wines BDIX - Thanks for your purchases, offer closed

Greyscale Wines is a small boutique Napa Valley winery that sells premium, award-winning wines sourced from high quality grapes. We produce a Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon, a Merlot using grapes from Oak Knoll District, and a Bordeaux Blanc-style Sauvignon Blanc we call Cuvée Blanc using grapes from Rutherford.

See the discounted offerings below that are sure to please - including a 3-year vertical of our award winning Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon and a selection of wines that won Gold Medals at the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. If you have bought Greyscale in the past, now is the time to stock up your cellar. If not, try our current releases or a Rutherford Cabernet vertical to learn about these wonderful wines.

Berserker Day Offerings (GROUND SHIPPING INCLUDED)
CurrentRelease.gif
3-pack Greyscale Current Release ($100, 27% discount)
'15 Cuvée Blanc (Gold Medal, ‘18 SF Chronicle Wine Competition)
'15 Merlot (Gold Medal, ‘18 SF Chronicle Wine Competition)
'14 Rutherford Cabernet (Silver Medal, Tasting.com (Cellar Selection) & ‘16 SF Intl. Wine Competition)
3Cab.gif
3-pack Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet Vertical ($140, 28% discount)
'12 Rutherford Cabernet (Gold Medal, '15 SF International, Critic’s Challenge, & Tasting.com)
'13 Rutherford Cabernet (93pts Wine Enthusiast, Gold Medal, '17 SF Chronicle Wine Competition)
'14 Rutherford Cabernet (Silver Medal, Tasting.com (Cellar Selection) & '16 SF Intl. Wine Competition)
Note: Only 15 packages are available, limit 2/customer.
2Merlot2Cab.gif
4-pack Greyscale All Reds ($160, 27% discount)
2 Btls '15 Merlot (Gold Medal, '18 SF Chronicle Wine Competition)
2 Btls '14 Rutherford Cabernet (Silver Medal, Tasting.com (Cellar Selection) & '16 SF Intl. Wine Competition)
2CuveeBlanc.gif
2-pack Greyscale Cuvée Blanc ($43, 20% discount)
2 Btls '15 Cuvée Blanc (Gold Medal, '18 SF Chronicle Wine Competition)

The prices shown above include ground shipping for each package. Greyscale Wines ships to all states except New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Utah, and West Virginia. Contact us for the cost to ship by 2-day air - shipping to Hawaii and Alaska requires air shipping.

ORDER HERE
Remember GROUND SHIPPING is included!
More Details

2015 Greyscale Cuvée Blanc (tasting card: 2015GreyscaleCuveeBlancNotes.pdf - Google Drive)
Our goal is to produce a white wine with more depth and complexity than Sauvignon Blancs from other wine growing regions (e.g., Loire, New Zealand or Australia). Greyscale Cuvée Blanc is made in the style of a Bordeaux Blanc. It is a perfect wine for sipping or with a light meal such as pasta, seafood or asian food. This wine received a Gold Medal at the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.

Greyscale Cuvée Blanc is 98% Sauvignon Blanc and 2% Semillon. The Sauvignon Blanc (SB) grapes are sourced from Dalla Gasperina vineyard in Rutherford. The vineyard soil is a mosaic of gravelly loam and sand along with volcanic and marine sediments. Wines produced from this vineyard display crisp citrus notes of grapefruit and lemon-lime.

Two-thirds of the SB was fermented in a one year old French Oak barrel which produces stone fruit aromas and tastes (e.g., peach and apricot). The remaining SB was fermented in stainless steel which allowed the crisp, fresh citrus fruit to emerge. The two lots were combined and aged for 15 months in French Oak barrels (35% new). The lees were stirred every 2-3 weeks for 10 months to keep the wine fresh and encourage additional depth, creaminess, and complexity. Semillon was added to provide richness and honey and toasty notes.

At public tastings, people are always surprised that Greyscale Cuvée Blanc smells and tastes different than typical Sauvignon Blancs. Some comment it is more sophisticated but not as intense as a typical Chardonnay. We find it refreshing and complimentary to many lighter foods.

2015 Greyscale Napa Valley Merlot (tasting card: 2015GreyscaleMerlotNotes.pdf - Google Drive)
2015 is the second year Greyscale Wines produced a Merlot product. Our goal was to craft a blend similar to a right-bank Bordeaux-style wine with a complex structure of red and black fruit. This wine received a Gold Medal at the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.

The Merlot grapes come from Orchard Vineyard - west of Highway 29 in the Oak Knoll District. Because the vineyard is near the Mayacamas Mountain benchland, it has a significant component of alluvial soil containing organic material that makes the area quite fertile. Temperatures are cooler than farther north in the valley but not as cool and damp as vineyards in Carneros that are closer to San Francisco Bay. The vines are grafted with Merlot clone 181 that traces its origins to Pomerol.

The 2015 Greyscale Merlot is a blend of 93% Merlot from Orchard Vineyard, 4% Petit Verdot, and 3% Cabernet Franc. The wine has a deep red color with red cherry, blackcurrant and vanilla spice aromas. The taste is layered with black and red fruit including red cherry, blackberry, and blackcurrant with a toasty oak flavor. It is a well-balanced, food-friendly wine that is more like a Merlot from St. Emilion or Pomerol.

This wine pairs well with pasta, chicken, and pork. The wine is drinking extremely well now but will continue to improve for many years and will last 10-15 years.

2014 Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet (tasting card: 2014GreyscaleCabernetNotes.pdf - Google Drive)
2014 is the third year we sourced cabernet grapes from one of the finest vineyards in Rutherford. The vines are over 25 years old. The rootstock is grafted with Clone 4 Cabernet grapes that produce wines with a dark deep color, black fruit, excellent acidity and minerality, and a long finish.

The 2014 Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet is a medium- to full-bodied wine with an earthy complex nose of sweet oak, dried herb, blackberries, black cherry, blackcurrant and a touch of white pepper. On the palate, the wine has a silky and cohesive taste of black fruit including black cherry and blackcurrant with polished tannins and a trace of fennel in its long finish.

The blend is 92% Cabernet Sauvignon to which 6% Merlot was added to support the mid-palate and 2% Petit Verdot were added to enhance the on the finish. The wine was aged for 23 months in French Oak barrels (Vicard, 60% new) and racked several times to clarify the wine and soften the tannins. The 2014 Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet was bottled in August 2016 and aged for 14 months in the bottle before being released in November 2016.

I am in on the Rutherford cabs. Went for their offer last year and was quite pleased; good value.

Thanks Jim! Glad to see people who purchased before enjoyed the wine!

FYI: to others interested in the Rutherford Cabernet Vertical, we have only 13 left! Get them while you can…

[cheers.gif]

Thanks for orders yesterday from Khoi and Matthew. Your orders will ship early next week.

Jean & I hope you enjoy them.

Larry

Thanks Gary & Paige for the order. We are sure you will enjoy the Rutherford Cab vertical and the ‘15 Merlot.

I’ve follow Greyscale from the very start! Their wines are completely in my wheelhouse…balanced, a good mix of fruit and savory, delicious and a great deal. Woo hoo!

Larry,
Thank you for the confirmation.
Khoi

I found Greyscale at a tasting event in the city last year…loved their silky Rutherford Cabs and the Cuvée Blanc is a one of my favorite whites - just like some of the Bordeaux Blanca I tasted in France. Still pondering my purchase…

We are offering the ‘15 Cuvée Blanc which received a Gold Medal at the ‘18 SF Chronicle Competition. Just follow the ORDER link to enter an order.

/Larry

I’m in for one All-Red and one Cuvée pack!

Thanks Patty Anne!

Thanks Randall, your order will be held till the weather improves.

Thanks Kelly for your order! Jean and I hope you enjoy the current release package.