Raffle for Linda Baehr Cancer Fund: Delamain Le Voyage~One of the best Cognacs ever produced~closed

Winners are:

Ken Strauss ~ 1st Gift Prize will be a bottle of extremely rare Delamain Le Voyage retail value is $8,100 ~

Jim Cowan ~ 2nd Gift Prize will be 2011 Bouchard Pere & Fils Le Corton - retail value is $510 donated by M. Sai from https://www.benchmarkwine.com/ ~ delivery in fall

Craig Gleason ~ 3rd Gift Prize will be 2011 Beaune Greves Le Clos Blanc 6pack OWC - retail value is $350

Clayton Wai-Poi ~ 4th Gift Prize will be a 4 pack of Taittinger Brut Reserve which comes with 4 champagne flutes - retail value is $200

Joe Willey ~ 5th Gift Prize will be a Magnum of Cakebread Cellars 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon - retail value $175

Todd French ~ 6th Gift Prize will be Magnum of 2013 Cabot Nash Mill Pinot Noir and a bottle of Cabot 06 Kimberly’s Syrah -retail value $150 donated by

Raffle closes Thursday, April 21st, 2016 at 8pm Eastern time

Our dear friend Linda Baehr has Cancer and is in need of funds to get through this terrible illness. Here is her go fund me page

We will do a Raffle, $200 a ticket. To make it more interesting and generate more interest there will be 6 Gift Prizes.
1st Gift Prize will be a bottle of extremely rare Delamain Le Voyage retail value is $8,100

2nd Gift Prize will be 2011 Bouchard Pere & Fils Le Corton - retail value is $510 donated by M. Sai from https://www.benchmarkwine.com/ ~ delivery in fall

3rd Gift Prize will be 2011 Beaune Greves Le Clos Blanc 6pack OWC - retail value is $350

4th Gift Prize will be a 4 pack of Taittinger Brut Reserve which comes with 4 champagne flutes - retail value is $200

5th Gift Prize will be a Magnum of Cakebread Cellars 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon - retail value $175

6th Gift Prize will be Magnum of 2013 Cabot Nash Mill Pinot Noir and a bottle of Cabot 06 Kimberly’s Syrah -retail value $150 donated by http://www.cabotvineyards.com/

Thank you for playing!!! In order to qualify for Gift Prizes you must be 21 years old or older.

The way I envision this is that people go to Linda’s Go fund me page and donate $200 and in a memo put Wine Berserkers Raffle. If they want 2 tickets, they’ll put $400 and so on, all with the Memo saying Wine Berserkers Raffle so that we will know. This way funds will become available to Linda as soon as possible. We will have the list here, and we will assign the number next to their name, we’ll cap this at 75 tickets and we’ll do the drawing a week from now, Saturday the 23rd the latest if we need to wait for few more.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/delamaine+le+voyage/1/usa?Xlist_format=&Xbottle_size=all&Xprice_set=CUR&Xprice_min=&Xprice_max=&Xshow_favourite=

Le Voyage is the pinnacle of Delamain’s product range. This is the ultimate product for the Cognac Connoisseur, with only 500 available worldwide.This one-of-a-kind Cognac comes in its own Baccarat crystal decanter, within a luxury leather gift box.

These cognacs, some approaching the centenary of their distillation, sleep peacefully in glass demi-johns in the cellars of Delamain. They represent a living archive of the house, inviting you on a voyage of discovery through, and facilitated by, the craftsmanship and passion of the present and past cellar masters of Delamain

Le Voyage unfolds a kaleidoscope of subtle sensations: all the perfumes of Russian leather, the musky aroma of the tropics, the heady scent of tobacco from the Americas, of coffee from Africa heralding the spicy hints of the Far East and finally the bouquet of grapes from the hillsides of the Grande Champagne.

More about Le Voyage at Delamain

http://www.delamain-cognac.fr/us/

Bottle comes with all original packages and papers. Bottle is in NY, winner will arrange for shipping. PM if you have more questions or would like a photo of the item.

2nd Prize Maison Louis Jadot

Tickets bought so far: 53

$10,600

Todd French 54
Jay Hack 2
Chris Savino 3
Bud and Margaret Carey 4
Ray T 5
John Davis 6
Poppy and Aaron Fruchtman 7
Eathan Abraham 8
Thomas Greenberg (2 tickets) 9 & 10
Octavian Dobre 11
John Chapman 12
Carlos Nalda 13
Michel Davidoff 14
Vincent Zeringue 15
Joe Willey 16
James Diven 17
John Webber 18
Paul Menkes 19
Cwun 20
Chris Barnes 21
Jud Reis 22
Larry Piggins 23
Jim Cowan 24
Zachary Lang 25
Ken Strauss 26
Jay Selman 27
Jim Salvito 28
Brian McBrearty 29
Andrew Wy.man 30
Ed Chin 31
Chris Tumey 32
Eve Cuny 33
Nicholas Popp 34
Kirby Hamilton 35
ADatson 36
Ken Vastola 37
Craig Gleason 38
Jason Traughber 39
John Coop 40
Justin Humphreys 41
Alex Fridlyand 42
Clayton Wai-Poi 43
Eric Anderson 44
Chris Blum 45
Leslie Renaud 46
William Moy 47
Todd Hamina 48
Steve Kielty 49
Tom McGurk 50
Daniel Hall 51
Steve Nordhoff 52
Vamsi Kaipa 53

Leo,

That’s awesome.

Vhala (thank you).

For $8,100 they couldn’t fill the bottle?

Outstanding, Leo. Out of my ballpark.

Bravo dood! But if I may, the audience here might be a bit limited for the value this should get. Might I suggest you look to consign the cognac at auction or retail (explaining the reasoning behind the consignment in order to get past the “minimum” hurdle)?

I’m open to all suggestion and maybe somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who would be interested, I’ll listen to all reasonable offers or ideas. I also think that time is of an essence here so it can’t be something that will drag on forever.

We have some auction folks on WB, of course, but Leo’s right - the timing is a little essential here…and an auction wouldn’t be timely

I wish I had the money to buy this. I should have gone into a different profession

Leo. You are such a good guy to do this. Great cognac.

cjsavino had a GREAT idea…a raffle!!! With tickets at $200 per, we’d need only 40 tickets sold to get $8k, and that would give 40 people who likely otherwise wouldn’t have a shot at buying something like this an opportunity to do so!

Thoughts???

+1
Make the raffle contingent on at least 40 people.

That’s a great idea! How do we go about?

I’m in if you’re taking a straw poll to gauge interest.

I would be in too

I will buy a raffle ticket. Every time I go to Gofundme something gets screwed up so at least this will work.

In

JD

In

Chris

Great idea

First post updated.

The pot has been sweetened with a 6 pack of 2011 Bouchard Le Corton!

drawing to be audited by arthur andersen.