Near & Dear to My Heart - Portugal Introduction Value Packs

Dear Fellow Berserkers,

It is long overdue for me to finally set up my first introduction packs of Portuguese wines. For the past 6 years, I have been following the wines from Portugal closely and visiting almost every year. Many of these wines from the best producers are very near and dear to my heart and are excellent, sometimes screaming values. Some are old school, some are more new school.

The table wines of Portugal are a relatively new phenomenon. Port and Madeira have been around forever of course, but table wines were not something that was given much attention until the 1990s, less their Opus One equivalent (tongue in cheek) there called Barca Velha (which is not even the same vineyards it was when conceived in the mid-20th century).

My point is that the true “terroir” is still being figured out and the brave vigneron like Luis Seabra are just the tip of the spear of a younger generation that has seen the world through the lenses of different winemakers and making wine in the best regions in the world. In the 1990s they were handed recipe books and instructions by flying winemakers & consultants and they are now finally moving away from those lessons and methods, as mildly successful as it has been, maybe more so in Brazil and at home in Portugal than in other parts of the world.

SO, the packs are built to reflect styles that most of us should already be familiar with so it is easy to relate these wines to what your palate already knows. This is level one where the quality really starts to get noticed in the top little wines. Level 2 wines would be the top wines of many producers costing more like $30-60, while level 3 would be many of the top wines $50 and up. Level 4 woudl be what the best 12 are to me and woudl cost anywhere from $30-100+.

Red Wine Packs Will Have Wines Similar to:
N. Rhone, Rioja, Burgundy, Bordeaux, or Napa, etc.

White Wine Packs Will Have Wines Similar to:
Burgundy, Loire, or Italy, etc.

The full OFFER is here in the link with pictures and more details: The Packs Are Back - The Portugal Discovery Value Pack

So, without further ado, here are the different packs and the wines included.

PORTUGAL PACK DETAILS

Burgundy/Northern Rhone style (6) $115
Castelao Chocapalha 2015 (red)
Foz de Arouce 2012 (red)
Wine & Soul Manoella 2015 (red)
Luis Seabra Xisto Ilimitado 2016 (red)
Luis Seabra Xisto Ilimitado 2017 (white)
Arinto Chocapalha 2017 (white)

Bordeaux/Napa Style Pack (6) $121
P+S Chryseia Post Scriptum 2016 (red)
Pombal de Vesuvio 2015 (red)
Vertente Niepoort 2015 (red)
Passa’ Branco 2016 (white)
Twisted Tinto Niepoort 2015 (red)
Fitapreta 2016 (red)

Just The Reds (9) $187
Castelao Chocapalha 2015
Foz de Arouce 2012
Wine & Soul Manoella 2015