Killer Red Burgundy for sale

Selling a few of my “stored since release” in my temp controlled cellar, “pristine” bottles:

1999 - DRC Echezeaux

“The spectacular 1999 Echézeaux may be the finest vintage I have tasted of this offering. A tremendously fragrant nose of raspberries, cherries, strawberries, new oak, and gamy scents led to a medium to full-bodied, broadly flavored wine with stunning suppleness, a kiss of sweet oak, and enough acidity to provide definition as well as length. This terrific, still youthful 1999 should hit its prime in 4-5 years, and last until 2015+.” Robert Parker, Hedonist Gazette (96) $1700

1996 - Leroy Clos De la Roche

“The dark ruby/purple-colored 1996 Clos de la Roche reveals beguiling aromas of perfume, violets, blackberries, and juniper-smoked bacon. It is medium-to-full-bodied and offers a chewy-textured flavor profile filled with fresh cherries, licorice, raspberries, road tar, and blueberries. It is massively concentrated, intense, powerful, and possesses an amazingly long, pure finish. This complete wine’s harmony and extravagant personality is something to savor.” Robert Parker (99) $3000

1996 - Claude Dugat Griotte’s Chambertin

“It would take a writer of Shakespeare’s eloquence to do justice to this wine. It has a deep ruby/purple color and spiritual aromas of raspberry and cherry jam, violets, perfume, and Asian spices. Its aromatic purity, definition, and depth were so captivating that I feared the palate could not match up. Wrong! An explosion of satin-laced fruit greeted my tongue. Layer upon layer of perfectly ripened, sweet and jammy cherries, candied violets, roses, and blueberries provided a levitating experience. For minutes I could neither see nor feel my surroundings - nor did I care to - as this wine took my senses hostage. It is velvety, supple, powerful, stylish, refined, concentrated, and possesses the backbone (as silky as can be imagined!) to allow this heavenly offering to evolve magnificently. Its awesomely long finish has loads of fruit-drowned, soft, and round tannins. As I looked across the room (he had gone off to stand with some friends), my eyes met Claude Dugat’s - he smiled.” Pierre Rovani, Wine Advocate (98-100) $1800

2005 - Jacques Frederic Mugnier Musigny

“Candor forces me to admit that mere words won’t begin to do a wine like this justice so I will simply state that the Mugnier Musigny is a compelling candidate for wine of the vintage honors, which is saying something significant in such a gifted vintage like 2005. An incredibly complex and kaleidoscopic nose features a dazzling array of aromas, particularly violet and rose petal nuanced with anise, clove and cinnamon that merges seamlessly into sweet, pure and ultra refined full-bodied flavors that are harmonious and deep, with a driving tension that forces everything into striking relief yet the palate impression is pure velvet on the immensely long finish. Moreover, it delivers one of my favorite aspects of great burgundy, which is power without weight but in this case, the '05 Musigny is an enormously powerful wine but not especially weighty. In short, this is flat out brilliant and is a wine that you will definitely want in your cellar.” Burghound (99)

"The youngest of the vines informing Mugniers 2005 Musigny just reached forty. This explodes from the glass with aromas of ripe cherry, blackberry, red currant, marzipan, diverse bitter-sweet florals and citrus zest. In the mouth, there is a palpable sense of sheer density yet weightlessness (once again putting me in mind of a great, red Riesling!) Almost implosively fresh fruit concentration is layered with tactile notes of citrus zest and chalky minerality, veal-stock richness, pungent spices, and an armload of flowers. " David Schildknecht, The Wine Advocate (98) $2700

2012 - Hubert Lignier Clos De La Roche - Neil Martin, Wine Advocate (99)

“The 2012 Clos de la Roche Grand Cru was riveting in barrel, so how would it perform in bottle? Instantly one can see that it is deeper in color than the Charmes-Chambertin (not that counts for much in Burgundy). The bouquet has closed a little since I last encountered this Grand Cru from barrel, but with patience it reveals gorgeous dark cherries, red plum, mineral and spice aromas, all gently unfurling. The palate is astonishingly fine. Here it fulfills its promise, a Grand Cru of intensity and finesse. It is blessed with a silky smooth texture but underneath that is exquisite balance and mineralité. It offers the sensuality of Clos de la Roche but with a rarefied level of refinement. You will be hard pressed to find a better Clos-de-la-Roche better than this.” Neil Martin, Wine Advocate (99) $450

It was hard to come up with prices since some of the bottles haven’t been sold recently. I also don’t use Wine-Searcher Pro anymore so I’m not sure of the current lowest available prices (send me some data if you want). Feel free to open up a dialogue with me on pricing since it is hard to really know the wine’s value when stores in the USA aren’t carrying them and or auctions haven’t sold them recently… Preference for buyer’s that want more than one bottle. Message me for pix and offers. Please include your email and/or phone if you want to talk. When WineCommune disbanded I had 186 positive feedback under handle “thegrapeguy”, no negatives, same handle on eBay and a few folks know me from this board and the erobertparker board. THX!

I’m not a buyer, but I will chime in to say that the 1996 Claude Dugat Griotte is an insanely delicious bottle of red burgundy. Surely the best Griotte I’ve ever tasted (though the 2002 Claude Dugat Griotte is a close second). Kevin S, myself, and a few others had it two weeks ago and it was killer. I won’t comment on “value,” but if you buy it you won’t be disappointed by what’s in the bottle!

I have experience with only the Dugat Charmes '96 which was phenomenal. This is a bump to say the Leroy CDR is a sale pending.

Bump - Leroy (sold), DRC (sale pending), Dugat, Mugnier, Lignier still available…