The Meteoric Rise of One of the World's Best Grenache: SPOILER - It Ain't In France

Comando G 2016s

La Bruja de Rozas 2016
WA 93
Rozas 1er 2016
WA 95
Las Umbrias 2016
WA 97
merge1.jpg

Couldn’t be more true. This stuff is just f’n mwah :kissing_heart:

Huh? Which is it?

Not familiar at all with these but they get good reviews on purple pages fwiw.

Personally, and most of my customers buy 4-6 of the 1er and then 1-3 of the little wine and the single vineyard wines. But of course buy with whatever works in your means of time/patience, storage space and money.

Umbrias killed it in 2016 and while I don’t like most critics these days, Luis Gutierrez of the WA gave it a 97. 1er got a 95 and Brujas a whopping 93!

Luis is imo the most trustworthy critic that aligns to my palate, and that is for any wines. He not only is the foremost expert for the wines if Spain, he also loves Burgundy and the Northern Rhône, Germany and Champagne.

Really sad news regarding the fire…

I heard that and have not seen much in detail…is there any article with details?

I have not seen anything major published yet. Most of my information came from them via social media.

Only mention I saw was this: Incendio y ola de calor en España | Spanish Wine Lover

Thanks for sharing Dave

Thank you to all the lurkers that ordered, you guys make all the difference on these posts and why I do them from time to time here! We sold a healthy clip here with your business.

Tom’s the real deal. Buy with confidence.

Thank you Michael! Could not ask for a better comment!