FS: 1997 Giuseppe Quintarelli Alzero jeroboam [SOLD]

A while back, in a moment of seeming drunken insanity, I purchased a jeroboam of 1997 Giuseppe Quintarelli Alzero cab franc. I’m at a loss what to do with it, and so, I will entertain any reasonable offer.

Update: This has now sold.

What would you consider a fair price?

Jesus…

I’m not a regular buyer in this particular space, and I’m not really sure what it’s worth, to be honest. Per W-S pro, bottles of 1997 are available at retail for $500+. So, something north of $2K? Feel free to make me an offer. I’m not looking to make top dollar.

I’m assuming by Jeroboam you’re referring to a 4.5L? Hmmmm…that’s a lot of super ripe thick liquid but I’ll meditate and ponder hard…

So, I checked the bottle in my offsite storage, and I confirmed it’s a 3.0L, which I guess that makes it technically a double mag? Anyway, it’s three liters of the 1997 Giuseppe Quintarelli Alzero. [cheers.gif]

Andrew,

Would you mind sharing when and from where you sourced it, and also any known provenance prior to that?

Thanks!

I purchased it at auction two years ago, and I can’t vouch for the provenance, I’m sorry. I’m happy to send pictures of the bottle, which does appear to be in very good shape. The wax capsule is very clean, the label looks good, etc.

Given how well Quintarelli generally and Alzero in particular fared at the recent HDH Del Posto auction, I’m bumping this thread to see if there’s any interest. As I said, I will entertain any reasonable offer because I really have no need for so much of this truly spectacular wine.