Early 80’s Hennessy Paradis [SOLD]

Updated to say:
Available for $500 each, will make a deal on multiples. Buyers risk for shipping or hand off in Baltimore/DC. Offers for trades for spirits or wine considered.

Original Post:
I am in possession of several bottles of early 80’s Hennessy Paradis (dated based on the federal tax strip) with original boxes including invitation to a private visit of Le Paradis (no idea if this is still valid 40 years on).

I see that these are for sale retail at a premium to current Paradis prices but I don’t know if any actually change hands at those valuations.

Does anyone know anything about the value of these? Any offers to buy or trade? I’m happy to ship at buyers risk or arrange handoff in the Baltimore/DC area.

I will post pics below if I can figure out how.

Photos below:
E3372536-3AF5-4E45-9433-0F996EB37886.jpeg
8FEE1A0C-5EB8-4C7E-A5F2-DA45B48A9865.jpeg
F79F73B0-A2D4-40D3-8E83-269C403AF5DB.jpeg
E550C48B-C0C2-4F3E-B0BB-9E5E85999EFC.jpeg
3C18BEA8-B481-4E39-AEB7-5EB65484B70F.jpeg

older Louis Tres sells less than current

Is that decanter lead?

No idea. How can I tell?

And I understand if that’s the case but there doesn’t seem to be much of this stuff around to compare with and that which is out there seems to be in $1000-$2000 range (with current release pretty consistent at $1000).

MUCH less

Don’t mean to bust your bubble but I do appraise of antique wine and spirits and here is an example of a similar bottle to yours which sold at auction in November at one of the largest spirits auction houses in the US, Skinner.

Hammer price was $400.

Consignor took home 30% less.

It should be pretty tasty to enjoy yourself!

No bubble busted. It means at least one person was willing to pay $500 for it (after buyers premium) not to mention shipping so that’s my aim. I plan to keep a couple for myself but I have 6.

I’d take a flyer for $285 plus my label, if you want to let one go.

I worked with the man who created Paradis so I got to visit the Paradis cellars twice. Well worth going and I am sure they would honor the invite.
$500 a bottle of genuine early 80s Paradis is bit of deal.

Sorry all… I think these might be spoken for. Received an above asking offer for all six bottles.

Personally I think the juice inside should be worth $500.

I also like older bottles of Louis XIII, compared to mire recent ones.

Glad you got a buyer; neither side had to pay premium!

I agree. Older Louis is fantastic. It’s odd that they are valued so much less than current release, but I recently got a 60’s bottling for under a grand. flirtysmile

Nice!

My concern is that they used lead decanters in the past. There was an article about this where someone tested the brandy and found extremely high lead levels.

Cognac of that levels is enjoyed in small pours over a longer period of time so not a concern to me.

The problem is that lead leaching is a Function of time. There was one article that they measured the lead level in older Remy at like 20000 ppb (that’s 50 times higher than the Flint water and 400x the fda limit. No thanks.

For those interested: I had this cross-posted and these sold as a set of 6 including shipping for $4800… obviously to someone who hadn’t seen this thread offering it for less and warning of the possible risk of lead when drinking in vast quantities.

That’s awesome!

Congratulations!

Wish I had bought one for $500!