WTB-Mid Level Weingut Keller Riesling GG's

I am looking to buy mid level Weingut Keller Rieslings-Particularly the GG’s from Abts Erde, Hubacker and Kirchspiel. Possibly the new Schubertslay Kabinett. Tough to find I know and especially at reasonable pricing. Please hit me up if you have a line on any. In Chicago but will ship. Thanks.

You and me both! And I am not even concerned about reasonable pricing.

domaine had a ton for sale today.

…the entire world wants these wines

What is Domain? I am familiar with the storage place.

Crush has some at $225/bottle on pre-sale. That’s about as good as you’re going to get on these wines these days. I’ve been buying them since the 2007 vintage, but wouldn’t sell any of the bottles I have; even at that price. Snap them up while you can…

Rare Wine Co. also has some for sale.

Sommpicks has some in that range as well if you have to have it. No way I’d pay that for the the 2018 kirschpiel or hubacker (maybe 2017 kirschpiel). I think of abst erde as in a different league than the other two GGs mentioned and I’d buy anything I can at that price. I just back-filled a different vintage at a higher price. The schubertslay kabi alte reben is an auction wine that hammered for around $700 a bottle, so by definition you won’t find it for less. The other schubertslay kabi is, as far as I know, only offered in restaurants.
A

Eeep, that’s some dedicated searching😳

Awesome comment Kirk! Welcome to the board!

cop some wittmann morstein and leave the labels to the hypebeasts [berserker.gif]

yep

2008 Weingut Keller Abtserde Riesling Großes Gewächs x1 $375 (95 AG)
2010 Weingut Keller Hubacker Riesling Großes Gewächs x1 $240 (91 AG)
2011 Weingut Keller Morstein Riesling Großes Gewächs x2 $425 (92+ AG)
2012 Weingut Keller Abtserde Riesling Großes Gewächs x2 $375 (95 AG)
2012 Weingut Keller Kirchspiel Riesling Großes Gewächs x2 $215 (92 AG)
2013 Weingut Keller Abtserde Riesling Großes Gewächs x2 $375 (93 AG)
2014 Weingut Keller Abtserde Riesling Großes Gewächs x2 $400 (96 AG)
2015 Weingut Keller Hubacker Riesling Großes Gewächs x2 $225 (90 AG)
2015 Weingut Keller Kirchspiel Riesling Großes Gewächs x2 $255 (92 AG)

The Schubertslay Kabinetts were 450euros.

When Julian Haart was making them they were $35 lol.

The Keller hammered for 550 euros before taxes and fees.

Hey Robert I do have offers for the mixed case deals for 2012-2013-2014 and 2015. I think they include 1 of the G-max though which blows the price out of the water for me. Not sure if it is of any value but Feel free to DM me if interested though.

Also thanks to all for the info. Tough to find I know but if you don’t ask you don’t get.

I could also trade classified growth Bordeaux from the 1980’s and 90’s for Keller if that is of interest to anyone.

Thanks to all those that reached out. Excited to have a couple of nice bottles coming my way. Still looking as well.

This is actually some great advice.

Have you opened the Wittmann’s with some age on them? I’m not sure they hold up as well as the Keller, at least not for me.

the oldest wittmann i have had was maybe 7 years after vintage and it was still young. also seems like there were some improvements made in more recent releases. the 16 morstein is insane…

I think I had a 2007 in 2018 and it was in a really great place…with a lot of life left in my thoughts. I have no concerns about aging them…but the 2015 was so damn delicious when I bought it that I drank half my stash in the first 3 months.