Vegan Wines?

If anybody is looking for vegan wines, I do have a selection of items that could be interesting for you.
Feel free to reach out!
Cheers. Corentin

Not meaning to argue, but what wine is not vegan?

Normally they refer to vegan wines as wines that have not been fined with isinglass, milk or some other protein to either clarify them, remove tannins or bind to visible particles. Although it is entirely unclear which wines are fined or not and there’s no real way to find out if any of the fining agents even remain afterwards.

Thanks for asking Chris and for answering Adam … I’ve been puzzling on this since last night. (Quarantines allow for long philosophical meditations)

I don’t see how a wine can be vegan with all the insects and other critters that make it past the sorting table.

Hi everybody,

Exactly as Adam explained, most of the wines are fined with animal proteins to clarify them and, remove some undesired proteins that can potentially give some bitter tastes. (This would be argued by natural wine lovers or unfiltered wine lovers, as actually the more particles you have in the wines, the better, the more complex and the more “alive” your wine is. But this is not the subject here :slight_smile:). What we intend to mean here by vegan wine, is either, unfiltered wines or wines filtered using non-animal proteins, such as bentonite (clay).

That’s a good point Bill and this would require some more accurate analysis. However, for Whites and Roses, the must undergo a settling process prior to fermentation which is aimed to remove the “heaviest” particles - Insects would be removed after this process then.

For Reds, the question might be a little more complex, as to know what happens to the insects caught in the maceration process - one might think they get removed with the marc of wine?

I’m sure every vegan consumes many insects in fruit, vegetables, and grain. I’m also certain that few would claim otherwise, or be bothered by the inadvertent ingestion.
That is quite different than the intentional use of animal products.

Agreed on Peter. By the way, where did you get this signature LOL. Je suis Francais et je comprends :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The quote I use is from a French bottle of wine. I do not remember the name of the producer. Their source is, I think, obvious enough.

is it this one?

If it is - Funny marketing copied from the famous Sex Pistols’ album cover.
original.jpg