OWC offer is suspended - due to overwhelming requests

AT THE VERY LEAST PLEASE - PAUSE! do not send any more requests or questions!

With all of the restaurant & Hotels closed the usual source of giving our OWC has vanished, visiting our warehouse I noticed this huge build
up and thought I’d offer to Berserkers.
I did not think this through - the shipping issue - that folks would send requests with so many questions,
nor that Berserkers would send me specific requests of vintages, Chateaux, Cuvees and such details.
For now please do not send us any further questions or requests.
When the staff returns to work they will look into shipping some owc to the requests previously received.
We will contact every one who wrote to me on June 5. Please be patient we are over whelmed with E.P. being so hectic, Mouton and other 1st Growths are coming this week. And we are managing the Kapcsandy international release - it is quite overwhelming.
I ask for your patience and understanding.
(Perhaps naive I thought we could just attach a shipping label to the OWC - maybe we can. If not we need a cardboard box and then this become even more of a job.)

We will not honor any new requests. All of the questions asked of me on the June 5 post I will give to the staff to work on and reply.
We are not offering to pay the shipping cost! People will constantly surprise you.
P**please hold up on contacting me, I do not think we can CONTINUE do this job, I obviously did not think it through.
I have a real warm spot for those OWC and simply wanted those to go to people who had the same feeling.
We will do our best to fulfill the original requests.

The requests that came in after I changed the post and I altered this post and said PLEASE STOP - we cannot help you.

DRC & Screaming Eagle are the only OWC we hold on to ’ in-case’.
Thanks for your understanding, we will reply this week to the folks who came in yesterday June 5.
Best
Wg

Who knew?

I’m asking Berserkers’ to hold off until I can sort out the specifics - logistic issues - of exactly what we can do and what we are up against and what we can offer. I often skip over details with my enthusiasm, I’m simply asking for patience before over whelming us with requests and questions. I agree - It is not the right way to go about this to focus on the specific facts after making the offer.
I would not mind paying my warehouse man for a full day to come in and expedite the shipping.

And in full view of what is going on at this moment - in the wine business, unusual tariff’s, all of the major wine shippers piling on new and unusual excessive shipping rates, new and unusual prices for French E.P., the Euro moving away from us, the Bordeaux En Primeir season being squished from a 3 - 4 months event into 1 month window and everything else and different that affects how we conduct business and our lives. It is really unsettling to a ‘Captian’ of a ship.

In this Euphoric moment of unity - I merely would like to share - something I find that has love.

Yes you can criticize me (I am) that I should have worked out the pieces, the logistics - the steps- before making the offer. However if you knew me, you’d know it is my emotion, my enthusiasm that I bring with my love of the wine world, that causes me to be involved with wine.

When my staff returns to work on Monday, when businesses reopen - we will work on the practical steps of - how to do this.
You or others can criticize me or perhaps offer helpful suggestions. It is easy to criticize.
Aloha
Wg

I for one appreciate the offer even if it doesn’t work out.

You can definitely just attach a shipping label to the OWC, however, the concern there is that it doesn’t come off in one piece. But if you attach it to the bottom, maybe that won’t matter?

You could also get the clear envelopes with adhesive on one side that UPS offers, and then put paper mailing labels inside. Those may be easier to remove.