Comando G 18 Rozas 1er Cru - BIG Score - 95 pts WA

Rozas 1er Cru 2018 95pts WA
Comando G
Sierra de Gredos, Spain
$49.99

ETA AUGUST 2020 - ALL ORDERS SUBJECT TO FINAL CONFIRMATION

ORDERS DUE TODAY, PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE: Comando G 2018 Rozas 1er Cru - New Vintage
This 2018 got a huge score - 95 pts WA. Yes, the cost is up unfortunately, and my profit % is down, but that’s what happens with these wines. 3 years ago I could buy whatever single vineyard I wanted, El Norte included in that. Part of that is popularity but I also think they are holding some back at the winery and reserving it for restaurants, etc.

The 2018 vintage was hot and dry with a crazy frost early in the growing season that limited the fruit set and thus the crop from the start. 2018 had good late spring and early summer rains to charge the soils and vines for a warmer and drier end of summer and a long, dry, cool and very pleasant fall harvest.

95 Points Robert Park Wine Advocate
The 2018 Rozas 1er Cru is from a much better year that produced perfect ripeness of the grapes and therefore much better parameters (alcohol, pH and acidity). Within the freshness and seriousness of 2018, this is very open, expressive and spicy, like an upgrade from the La Bruja de Rozas, though not quite reaching the finesse of Las Umbrías. It’s tasty and long and has something herbal (fennel, celery), a salty touch, a little rust and a very mineral texture, with the grainy granite and finer chalk. It improves tremendously in the glass, which gives me an idea that the wine is going to improve in bottle. 2018 is a great vintage that is going to require a little more time to express its full potential. This is often the best value of the winery.
The Premier Cru
As the name implies, the wine is more serious with more layers of complexity, structure and more minerality. Of all of the Comando G wines, this is the one I buy the most of. Comando G surpassed the 2016 Rozas 1er Cru. 2018 is a really good vintage for these wines. The little wine Rozas de Brujas, and what’s amazing is that it combined quality with QUANTITY! The wines are better than ever across the board, with incredible freshness, precision and detail.