LTB Cantillon

Does anyone have a bottle of Fou’ Foune and/or Kriek 100% Lambic they’d be willing to sell? I never see them around Chicago and would love to get bottles for an upcoming special occasion. Cheers!

These are such a PITA to get hold of here that the dollar value would have to be really high and even that might not interest me. Do you have anything nearly as difficult to obtain that you could trade?

“Looking at $500 doesn’t make me happy but looking at a bottle of Fou’Foune in my cellar makes me happy.”

The Kriek has a $60-$80 and the Ff has a $100-120 valuation.

Thanks for the info guys, I’ve been out of the beer game for a while.

https://www.mybeercollectibles.com/ should work if you can’t find one locally.

I would just find some Drie Fonteinen. They’re not super easy to come by either, but far more so for semi-reasonable prices than Cantillon these days.

If you mean the Gueze then yes. 3F is as good (in my opinion better) than Cantillon, and easier to find agreed.

However OP is asking for Kriek (cherry) and FouFoune (apricot).

Cherry (Kriek) 3F makes and is sourcesble tho much harder than their gueze.

Good luck finding an apricot 3F hahah it exists but most likely supremely rare out in the wild. Unless you are at their amazing tasting room plowing through bottles .

I never knew 3F even did an apricot, but I’ve generally found the kriek almost as easly/often as their gueuze. Maybe I’ve been lucky or am out of the loop. Isn’t the kriek still a lot easier to find at a reasonable price than anything from Cantillon? I know I saw an offer as recently as a few months ago, and I am not looking nearly as hard as I could be.

I also like Drie Fonteinen better than Cantillon, in general. Fou Foune and Iris are very special, but frankly, I don’t think Cantillon’s Kriek or Gueuze are even close to that level. Every time I have Cantillon and 3F side by side, kriek or gueuze, I far prefer the 3F.

Yah the Kriek is findable… i don’t know if it’s easy or hard as I’m personally not a huge Kriek fan. I think 3F does apricot? they have like a massive list of experimental bottles that you can buy to drink onsite at their new tasting room. most of which are never released, with a number of obscure / random fruit and fruit levels / different barrel types etc…

like they had Peach, at 3 different Beer to Fruit ratios… I remember they had something like (making the numbers up), 350gram of fruit per Litre of beer, 500 gram per litre, 650gram per L… and some other variants… it’s crazy and it’s hard to try them all since they are all full size bottles. but man if you went with some friends, and met up with some other ‘new found friends’, you can definitely plow through 15-20 btls easily.

That sounds amazing.

I have a 750ml of Rose de Gambrinus and 375 ml of Classic Geueze if anyone’s interested. Both 2019, the most recent release.

Willing to sell both at $120 shipped (which would be my cost + shipping + Chipotle).

Update: Sold as of 7/17/20